Walmart gift cards are a handy way to let someone know that you are thinking of them in some way, for holidays, to celebrate a milestone, or for no reason at all. Did you know that you can use the gift card for Walmart grocery pickup?
If you have never tried Walmart pickup or grocery delivery, it might be time to consider it. Let’s see how to add those Walmart gift cards to your online wallet as a payment method and start an online order the fast and easy way.
Can I use a Walmart gift card to buy groceries online?
Yes, you can. Walmart offers several payment methods for your online order.
- EBT (cannot be used for online orders in Alaska, Montana, or Louisiana at this time).
- Debit card.
- Credit cards including the Capital One Walmart credit card.
- Walmart gift cards.
Paypal and Affirm are also available at checkout but cannot be added to your Walmart or Walmart + account.
How can I get cashback on my Walmart purchase and use my Walmart gift card?
Getting cashback on most purchases at Walmart is simple when you join Swagbucks. You can buy food and other items online or in stores and get 1% cashback.
You can also save money at Walmart when you use Swagbucks. Here’s how.
- You create a free account.
- You shop at Walmart. You can even use Walmart pickup if you want.
- You use any of the available discounts or codes found on Swagbucks.
- You upload your receipt on the Swagbucks website and get cash back for a variety of purchases.
How do I use a Walmart gift card on Walmart groceries?
To use the gift card in stores simply present it to the cashier at checkout. To use it while shopping online:
- Go to your Walmart account and select Wallet.
- Select “add a new payment method”
- Add the card’s details including the gift card number.
- Save the information when it is confirmed that everything is correct.
- Choose the card as payment on your next online order.
Can you use Walmart gift cards for curbside pickup?
Yes, you can. You may see an article or two that says that Walmart does not allow gift cards to be used in this way. This is not true. The gift card can be redeemed for curbside pickup of food and other items, as well as used for most delivery orders where available.
It is easiest to use the gift card if you add it to your wallet before shopping. See the section above for the simple instructions on adding a gift card or other form of payment to your online wallet.
What forms of payment does Walmart grocery accept?
You can pay for groceries with:
- EBT, SNAP, or WIC. There are restrictions for using these resources online. EBT cannot be used for online orders in the states of Alaska, Montana, and Louisiana.
- Gift cards.
- Debit and credit cards including the Capital One Walmart credit card.
- You can also use cash or checks when shopping in stores.
How do I use my Walmart gift card on Instacart?
Instacart has an extensive range of options to pay for your order however, at this time you cannot use a Walmart or any other store gift card. This is likely to change in the near future as the two have joined forces and are likely to expand their services.
You can still use an Instacard gift card, many debit or credit cards, Paypal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- How to get Paid for Reading Books
- Old Navy Black Friday 2021
- Best Way to Invest Even If You Only Have $100
- 3 Easy Ways to Get Paid to Be a Friend Online & In-Person
- How To Write a Check: A Detailed Guide for 2020
- Dunkin’ Donuts Perks & Rewards: Everything You Need To Know in 2020
- 5 Tips to Cash In Big at the Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale
- What Is Quadpay and What Merchants Accept Quadpay?
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Black Friday 2021
- Get Paid to Work Out: 7 Apps You Need to Earn Cash for Exercise
- Easiest Way to Get Free Amazon.com Gift Cards
- 10 Reliable Ways to Make Money Fast Today