Along with Amazon, Walmart gift cards are the most popular gift cards in the world. They’re incredibly popular and convenient. While not everyone loves Walmart’s branding, everyone is a Walmart customer because Walmart sells it all: groceries, home goods, electronics, clothing, furniture, plants, liquor, pharmaceuticals, gas, tires, auto repair, and more.
Walmarts are everywhere. And you can use a Walmart gift card at Sam’s Club stores or online at Walmart.com. You can use your Walmart gift card for Walamrt+ (Walmart Plus) purchases and home grocery delivery.
And there are loads of ways to score Walmart gift cards for free. Here are 12 of the best reward programs and apps out there where you can complete simple tasks online – from your phone or laptop – to earn free Walmart gift cards.
Top Ways to Score Walmart Gift Cards Free
- Sign up for Swagbucks and earn points (SB) for surveys, playing games, watching videos, trivia, shopping online, and more. Redeem your SB points for Walmart gift cards, PayPal, and other rewards. You can even get discounted Walmart gift cards for 12% off.
- Take surveys with InboxDollars. Earn cash for sharing your opinion, and cash out your earnings for free Walmart gift cards. Signup for InboxDollars and get a free $5 bonus.
- Download the Ibotta app and earn cash back on your purchases. Redeem your cash for Walmart gift cards.
- Use the Fetch Rewards app to scan your grocery receipts and earn points for a free Walmart gift card.
- Shop online through Rakuten and earn cash back on your purchases. Redeem your cash for free Walmart gift cards.
- Join the popular rewards program MyPoints. Earn points for shopping online, taking paid surveys, trying new products and services, and more. Redeem your points for a free Walmart gift card or other cash rewards. Join MyPoints today!
- Check out the PrizeRebel rewards program and earn points for completing surveys, watching videos, and completing tasks. Redeem your points for Walmart gift cards.
- Take online surveys on Survey Junkie. Get paid in points for every survey you complete. Redeem your points for a free gift card to Walmart or other popular stores.
- Join the survey panel Pinecone Research. You can take surveys to earn points redeemable for Walmart gift cards and other prizes.
- Get the Tada shopping and receipts app. Earn rewards magically for scanning your grocery receipts, Ta-da! Get cash for buying groceries, gas, Rx, and more. Get Tada now!
- Sign up for Upromise. The rewards site is known for helping families save for college, but it helps everyday consumers earn cash and save for life goals. Take surveys, dine out, play games, and try freebies to earn rewards. Use your rewards to get a free Walmart gift card. Join Upromise now.
- Join the Microsoft Rewards program and earn points for completing tasks, using Bing, and shopping online. Redeem your points for Walmart gift cards.
If you’re interested in nabbing a free Walmart gift card, here are some common FAQs that shoppers have about those blue and gold plastic cards.
Where can you buy Walmart gift cards?
You can buy Walmart gift cards at Walmart stores or on the Walmart.com website. You can also purchase Walmart cards from major retailers like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, or Holiday.
Are there restrictions on what you can buy with a Walmart gift card?
Yes, there are a few restrictions on what you can buy with a Walmart gift card.
You cannot use a Walmart gift card to purchase tobacco, firearms, or any goods or services from the Walmart Money Center. Generally, items with age restrictions are prohibited. Also, some goods with variable pricing like prepaid wireless phones might not be eligible for purchase.
What is a Walmart gift card? And what’s the difference between a plastic gift card and an eGift card for Walmart?
A Walmart gift card is a card that can be used as cash for purchases at Walmart stores, online at Walmart.com, or in Sam’s Club warehouse stores. The card can be pre-loaded for any amount from $5 to $1,000.
The difference between a plastic gift card and an eGift card for Walmart is that the plastic gift card is a physical card that can be purchased in a brick-and-mortar store or sent to you in the mail. An eGift card or electronic gift card is a digital card that is sent via e-mail. The eGift card contains a string of digits and a PIN that you use to redeem the card’s value.
Can you use a Walmart e-Gift Card in stores?
Yes! You can use an electronic or digital Walmart gift card in physical Walmart stores. You will need to print out the gift card first. If you do not have a printer, you can go to the Walmart Customer Service Center. A rep may be able to assist you with printing out your eGift card, or with transferring your eGift card into a plastic gift card.
- 21+ Ways to Make Money as a Student: Side Hustles, Apps, & More
- All About Canned Wine
- Stealing Gas: 5 Easier Ways to Get Gas Without Breaking the Law
- The Ultimate List of Brands That Offer Student Discounts
- Get Paid for Answering Surveys Online
- Make Money From Home: 6 Ideas That Will Make You Over $500
- Using 7-Eleven Gift Card Rewards to Save and Earn
- Earn PayPal Money Instantly
- 5 Ways to Upskill: Up Your Skills in the Workplace
- SurveySavvy Review and Alternatives for Paid Surveys
- What is Prime Day?
- Raise Gift Cards