Gift cards are a great gift suggestion and can be used for virtually anything at the store that accepts them. There are restrictions to every card, including the digital cards from Target brands.
How do I use a Target eGift card?
The Target gift card can be used for purchases in Target stores or on the website. You CAN use the Target eGiftcard:
- To buy merchandise or services.
- To be used as the most perfect gift for the hardest person in the world to shop for.
- To buy small appliances, large shoes, funny hats, and noisy toys for your distant niece.
- To buy the top deals, latest trends, and all-time favorites.
- To shop on a web-enabled mobile device.
You CANNOT use the Target Giftcard to:
- Buy new gift cards.
- Get cash. They cannot be redeemed for cash. (There are states where this is required by law.)
- To pay a credit card balance.
- The card cannot be returned.
Cards can also be purchased at a participating partner retailer including Costco, Walmart, and Kroger. If you are a member of Swagbucks, the Target E Gift card is a reward option. If you are not yet a member, it is free and easy to join.
You can earn Target gift cards for taking online surveys, playing games, watching videos, and shopping online and earning cash back rebates. In addition to Target, you can get prepaid cards for Amazon, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Starbucks, Walmart, Apple, and other popular stores.
How long does it take to get an e gift card from Target?
Once you have ordered the card, it should take around 4 hours or less to arrive at the designated egiftcard email. If the card has not arrived as expected, you can request that it be resent by calling customer service at 1-800-591-3869.
The card will arrive with full instructions on how to use it.
Can you send a gift card by text?
Yes! You absolutely can send a gift card by text message by ordering the Target Mobile gift card. The text must be sent to a web-enabled mobile device only. If that is not available for your recipient, choose the standard e gift card instead.
The mobile gift card will be sent within 4 hours or, if you want to schedule delivery on a certain date, you can do so for up to three months in advance.
How do you buy gift cards with a Target gift card?
Unfortunately, you cannot buy gift cards this way. You can make your purchase with cash, credit, or debit cards at Target stores in the U.S. as well as online. You have several options including denomination, design of the cards, and the type of delivery that you can use.
All Target gift cards ship for free, regardless of the type that you choose.
Can you forward a Target e Gift card?
Yes, you can. This may be one of the few times that getting something that was “regifted” is not a terrible thing. To forward your digital gift card:
- Visit your account and find your recent purchases.
- Click on the eGift card that you want to regift.
- Find the button that says “regift” and then follow the directions.
- There will be a notification that the card was regifted.
- The card can be regifted like a digital hot potato until it lands on the right person that will spend that balance like it was their personal mission in life.
- Although it can be regifted dozens of times, the balance can only be used once. After that card’s balance reaches zero, it is done.
What is an e Gift card vs a regular Target gift card?
Both cards are great for any gift-giving occasion or simply to say hey, buy some socks. The key differences are in appearance and in delivery.
- Traditional cards are plastic and come in many colorful designs as well as in the classic and simple Bullseye design.
- You can buy the traditional cards in Target stores in denominations ranging from $5-$50.
- The cards can be given in person or mailed.
- You can also order the traditional cards online and have them shipped to any address that Target delivers to.
The digital and mobile cards:
- Can be purchased online or through the Target app.
- They are available in several denominations up to $500 as well as in customized amounts.
- They are sent free to an email or by text to the person of your choice. Most arrive within 4 hours of purchase.
- Both can be purchased up to three months ahead of the occasion and scheduled for delivery on a certain date.
All types are redeemable for merchandise in Target stores and on target.com.
How can I check the balance of my Target e-Gift card?
You can check the balance by phone, in stores, or online.
- Call customer service at 1-800-544-2843.
- You may need your full card number and pin if the card has one.
- Bring your card to the service desk or to any cashier and request a balance check.
- Access your Target account. If you do not have one, this is a great time to create one.
- If the cards have been stored in your account simply go to the card you want to check and click on it.
- If the card has not been saved into your account, you can still check the balance by entering the full card number where requested.
You can also check the balance on your card by following the directions that are listed on the back of it. The phone number listed may be different from the customer service number given here.
- Making Amazon Returns at Kohl’s
- Ways to get a free Gas Gift Card
- 8 Legit Survey Sites that Pay Cash
- 2020’s Best Coupon Sites For Savings
- 20 Ways to Save Even More Every Timme You Shop at Old Navy
- 2020’s Best Coupon Sites For Savings
- Nike Black Friday Deals 2021
- What is Direct Sales and What are the Top 10 Direct Sales Companies?
- 10 Best Work From Home & Online Jobs to Earn Money in 2021
- Everything You Need to Know About Prepaid Credit Cards
- 9 Easy Ways to Invest Money & Get Paid in 2020
- Best Pet Subscription Boxes 2020: Treats & Toys for Dogs & Cats