Canned wine is just that: wine in a can. Once a wine has been made it can be stored in nearly any container. Wine lovers may be hesitant at first, but the convenience of cans will quickly win them over. The average can of wine will have the same quality and taste but without the higher cost and increased risk of waste from a bottle.
And canned wine is for novice wine drinkers and wine club savants.
What is Canned Wine?
Canned wine is any wine that is sold in cans rather than bottles.
- Cans can be sold as singles or in a four-pack
- Most varieties come in four-packs of 375ml cans
- Some brands have smaller cans depending on the variety
- Varieties available vary by brand but include Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, red wine, white wine, rose, sparkling rosé, and others
- In addition to these wine options, wine spritzers are also available and are a lighter choice for people who are not really big wine drinkers.
Is Canned Wine Good?
Yes! Canned wines are good for a number of reasons:
- Small, lightweight, and portable, canned wines are perfect to take to picnics and other outdoor activities.
- Most brands are made by companies that are dedicated to creating an easy-drinking wine with interesting flavor pairings
- Canned wine brands tend to be smaller with many of them family-owned.
- The brands strive for high quality while also using organic, locally-sourced and fair trade ingredients
- Canned wine brands also try to be as environmentally conscious as possible.
Canned wines also eliminate the danger of broken bottles, the need for a corkscrew, and might be easier to recycle in some areas.
What Are Popular Canned Wine Brands?
There are a lot of brands of canned wines from reds, to whites, to roses. Here is a sampling of popular brands as listed by Food 52.
- Ah So, $4.99 for a 250 ml can
- Amble + Chase, $15.96 for a 4 pack of 250 ml. cans. The brand only sells rosé.
- Archer Roose $49 for a case of 12 cans. Each can is 250 ml
- Begonia, $12 for a 4 pk of 330 ml cans
- Brick & Mortar, $6, 375 ml can
What is the Best Canned Wine?
With so many varieties and brands, it may be hard to choose the best and everyone is sure to have their own personal favorite. The Spruce Eats reviewed and tasted canned wines and then listed them by overall best, best for beer drinkers, best red wine, and more.
Can sizes vary, pricing may also vary by where the canned wine is purchased. The pricing listed here is based on orders and delivery from Drizly.
- Underwood Pinot Gris, $9
- Nomadica Red Blend, $6
- Darkhorse Pinot Grigio, $4
- House Wine Brut Bubbles, $5
- ManCan Rosé, $4
- Porch Pounder Chardonnay, $3
- Francis Coppola Sofia Mini Blanc de Blanc, $4
- Infinite Monkey Theorem Dry Hopped Sauvignon Blanc, $14
Where to Buy Canned Wine
You can find canned wines at more and more places. Wherever you buy beer, bottled wines, or hard seltzer, you will likely find at least one variety of canned wine. You can also order them online and may be able to find exclusive discounts and other savings.
- Wine Insiders. Save with coupon codes, email discounts as a new customer, and cashback rewards.
Delivery and pick-up options will have rules in place to prevent underage drinking and may not be available in all locations. Most brands also allow ordering directly from their own websites with restrictions in place. Some states do not allow alcoholic beverages to be shipped.
Pro Saver Tip: Order online and earn cash back rebates. Shopping rewards sites like Rakuten, MyPoints, and Swagbucks offer cash back rebates of 1% to 20% at 1000’s of featured stores, including Drizly, goPuff, and Walmart.
- How to make your money work for you
- 7 Ways to Make the Most of Online Surveys and Offers
- How to make your money work for you
- How Much Does It Cost to Own a Car? The True Cost Explained
- 9 Grocery Apps to Turn Receipts Into Cash
- Ways to get a free Gas Gift Card
- What Is a Side Gig? 26 Side Hustles to Help You Earn Extra Cash
- 8 Best Checking Accounts 2020: Online, High Interest, and More
- 11 Places to Find Blogging Jobs
- Travel Hacking: How to Fly for Little or Nothing—Even In First Class!
- Get Paid Online
- Bath and Body Works Black Friday Deals 2021