Daily Harvest is a meal subscription service that delivers plant-based, healthy food to your door either weekly or monthly. Items range from Daily Harvest smoothies to soups, snacks, and other meal starters. The menu items include a wide range of fruits and vegetables, all frozen and ready to store or defrost and eat.
Related: Earn free gift cards, PayPal, and other rewards on Swagbucks. Swagbucks is the free rewards app that pays you for taking surveys, using coupons, or shopping online. You can even earn cash bonuses for signing up for meal kits.
What is Daily Harvest?
It can be hard to find the right balance of healthy foods that are delicious but do not break the bank. Daily Harvest is a subscription service that helps people prepare healthy foods, in the right portion size to help reduce food waste and to promote a healthier diet.
How Much Does Daily Harvest Cost?
Daily Harvest’s fees will vary by a number of factors:
- How many items you order. Boxes are available in three sizes: Small, Medium, and Large
- How often you choose to have boxes delivered. Options include weekly or monthly
- The items that you select to include in your shipments. Most items start at $5.99 each.
One thing that does not vary is the price for shipping. Shipping is always free, regardless of size or frequency.
How Much Does Daily Harvest Cost per Week?
If you choose to have the weekly deliveries, your cost per week will depend on how many items you order and the types of items that you select. Some of your options include:
- Harvest Bowls
- Vegan ice cream
- Fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains
Most choices are perfect for breakfast, lunches, dinner, or quick snacks.
Is Daily Harvest Healthy for You?
Yes! Daily Harvest is healthy for the average person. The nutritional value of each food is readily available and the quality is rated as very high by reviewers. You get:
- Organic foods
- High protein options are available
- Gluten-free foods are available
- Items are naturally sweetened without the need for additional, refined sugars
- Your box is delivered to your door frozen and packed in dry ice so that you can freeze what you are not using immediately.
Can I Lose Weight with Daily Harvest?
Technically, you can lose weight with nearly any food. The company does not promote itself as a weight-loss company in any way nor does it advertise the products that way. That said, you can lose weight by using the Daily Harvest foods, harvest bowls, and smoothies in a sensible eating plan coupled with increased movement without compromising your health.
- Most of the items are between 250 to 400 calories, perfect for a between-meal snack or as part of a meal. This shouldn’t count as a full meal.
- The higher protein foods are great for active people as they need the extra protein to rebuild and repair their muscles after an intense workout
- Whole-grain foods are proven to help with weight loss by helping you feel satisfied longer and by providing necessary fiber to the diet
- If you are focusing on eating good, nutritious foods you may not have as many food cravings and should have increased energy as well.
It is very important to remember that weight is not an indicator of health, good or bad and that your goal should always be in being as healthy and happy as possible regardless of the number on the scale.
Does Whole Foods Sell Daily Harvest?
No, you cannot get Daily Harvest at Whole Foods or other stores at this time. A pop-up store was opened for a short time to introduce the brand and there have been talks of another pop-up event at some point.
How Is Daily Harvest Shipped?
Your Daily Harvest order is frozen and then packed in dry ice.
- All packaging, including the bowls that the harvest bowls are served in, can be recycled or composted
- There is enough dry ice to keep the contents frozen for several hours if you are not available at the time of the delivery.
- Shipping is free for all boxes, regardless of size.
- Shipping is available to over 30 states with additional states being added all of the time.
- You will receive an email with all tracking information before your items ship. You will also receive an email before your payment method is charged.
How Often Does Daily Harvest Deliver?
You choose how often you want your boxes sent to you, weekly or monthly.
- Shipments can be paused, changed, or canceled until the cut-off date, usually the day before shipment.
- You can have single shipments or gift shipments if you are not sure that you are ready to commit.
How Can I Save Money on Daily Harvest?
You can save money on Daily Harvest by:
- Looking for coupon codes and special promotions online.
- Sign up on the website and get an introductory discount of $35 off of your first order
- Choose the larger boxes. The more that you order, the more you save. For example, the Medium box offers a $10 savings over the Small while the large one gives you $20 worth of savings.
Bottom Line on Daily Harvest
If you are looking to add more fruits and vegetables, organic food options, whole grains, and other healthy ingredients into your daily diet, Daily Harvest may be the key to doing so without having to go to the store to search for a collection of foods, coming home and storing them, and then later preparing them. In the go, go, go rush of the modern world, simplicity can be heaven-sent.
There are hundreds of options to choose from, some far better than others. Even people with extensive food restrictions and very selective palates should be able to find at least a few things that they like well enough to buy again.
You can have real food, ready to eat in a few minutes without harmful additives while also reducing food waste. Your health and the health of the planet are entirely worth it.
- How to Apply for 8 Popular Game Shows to Win Money
- 5 Easy Ways to Make Money with Your Dog
- Taking Your Career Online With Virtual Assistant Jobs
- Make Money While You Sleep: Real Ways to Earn Passive Income
- 10 Best Ways to Earn Starbucks Rewards in 2020
- Swagbucks vs Survey Junkie
- All About Pretty Litter: Why It’s Better and How to Save
- How to Make Money from Writing Poetry
- Data Entry Jobs from Home
- Ways for College Students to Make Money Online
- A STEM Student’s Guide: Learning to Code and Design Video Games
- The Ultimate Macy’s Cashback & Coupon Code Deal