IKEA is a European company that sells sustainable, stylish, high-quality furniture and homewares.
Founded in Sweden, today Sweden is headquartered in the Netherlands. Despite the company’s transfer to Dutch hands, IKEA still has a very, very Swedish feel. From the Swedish furniture names to its menu offerings to iconic blue and yellow logo colors.
Much of IKEA’s furniture is built to be assembled at home, keeping costs uber-low. When it comes to DIY home assembly, IKEA’s simple, easy-to-follow instructions are the gold standard.
IKEA offers shoppers a tremendous bargain on furniture, home furnishings, and food all year round, and for holidays like Black Friday, the retailer steps up its game.
Does IKEA do Black Friday sales?
IKEA does do Black Friday sales and we expect the retailer to offer Black Friday deals in-store on Friday, November 24th this year.
In 2020, the retailer canceled its annual IKEA Black Friday sale event due to COVID-19.
In 2021, IKEA turned Black Friday “green” by offering IKEA family members discounts on sustainable housing solutions and sustainably certified IKEA foods (ASC and Rainforest Alliance / UTZ). Deals ran from November 26th to November 29th.
In 2022, IKEA offered special sales across popular categories: 20% off holiday lighting, 25% off HEMMABAK baking pans, 20% off select area rugs, 25% off select dinnerware, 20% off select appliances, 15% off select Hemnes dressers, up to $100 off select PARUP sofa with chaise covers, 20% off select kitchen fronts, and steep discounts off select best-selling furniture and items.
We expect IKEA to announce the details for any 2023 Black Friday sale by late October or early November. Bookmark this page and check back. We’ll update you with all the details for IKEA’s Black Friday sale and share the best deals from their Black Friday ad.
In the meanwhile, start planning your holiday season wish list and shopping list, and pick out your favorite sleeper sofas.
Is IKEA doing Cyber Monday?
For the IKEA Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend in 2022, deals ran from November 24th until December 4th.
IKEA will likely have a Cyber Monday sale that blends into its Black Friday promotion for 2023.
What discounts can you get for IKEA Black Friday?
IKEA Black Friday deals feature special prices and sales exclusive to the Black Friday holiday. It will likely have a green theme this year, emphasizing sustainability.
IKEA’s Black Friday deals are geared toward IKEA family members. If you’re not already an IKEA family member, it’s worth your while to join this free rewards program.
What is the IKEA Family Program?
The IKEA Family is a free savings club meant for everyone. Members can get special discounts on many products, including a number of free goodies like a free hot drink every time they visit IKEA stores. You can sign up online on the IKEA website or at an IKEA store.
Benefits of IKEA Family
Your free membership to IKEA Family gets you
- 90-day price protection in case of price changes
- Receipts automatically saved to your profile
- A free hot coffee or tea with every visit
- A free birthday surprise
- Free workshops, DIY, and design events
- Tutorials for home design and home furnishing
- A change to win a $100 IKEA gift card with every store visit
- Personalized shopping experiences with special recommendations based on your tastes and budget
- Exclusive member discounts on a number of different products.
Does IKEA furniture ever go on sale?
Yes, IKEA furniture does go on sale – the retailer offers a number of sales events throughout the year for shoppers to infuse some style into their budget home makeover.
Popular IKEA Sales
- IKEA Kitchen Event (usually takes place 2-3 times a year) offering 20% of select kitchen items. A Kitchen Event sale usually lasts 1 month.
- IKEA Black Friday Weekend
- Monthly Offers – each month IKEA will offer special offers on select furniture. Select the Offers section on IKEA.com, or look for special signage in-store.
- These deals can include “Last Chance” merchandise starting as low as $1
Why is IKEA shipping so expensive?
IKEA shipping fees are capped at $49 for most urban areas but in rural areas, fees can run as high as $249. If you live in a rural area, your shipping costs may be the same – whether you’re ordering 5 items or 500.
- When ordering smaller, easy-to-ship items (i.e. placemats and a table runner), your order is compact and easy, and cheap to ship.
- Larger orders, including furniture, or bulky and expensive to ship, incur all sorts of freight charges.
- If you live close to a physical IKEA store, that helps IKEA with shipping logistics and they can pass the cost savings on to you by capping your delivery fee at $49.
- If you live far away from an IKEA store in a less densely populated area, like Pocatello, Idaho, it’s going to be more expensive to ship to you. You’re not near an IKEA store, so they can’t ship your order to that store along with other freight. A special shipment will need to go out to you, hundreds of miles away from a warehouse or IKEA store.
Bottom line: furniture is bulky and hard to move. Hard to move means expensive to move. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii, or in an apartment building, your IKEA delivery can be more complicated yet.
Of course, you can save on IKEA shipping costs by ordering online and picking up your order at an IKEA store. Plan your order and pick-up for the next time you’ll be in a metro area that has an IKEA store (and make you’re in a van or truck or other vehicles large enough to haul those boxes).
If borrowing a pickup or renting a U-Haul and driving 500+ miles roundtrip doesn’t sound appealing, maybe it’s worth your while to pay the $249 delivery fee for more rural areas.
You can always reach out to other IKEA shoppers nearby and try to pool together your order and save on IKEA shipping costs.
What is the best time of day to go to IKEA?
Monday mornings are the best time to shop at IKEA. You can avoid the crowds and long lines if you go then. Also, Monday is the best day to score deals and special offers.
Inversely, weekends are the busiest time to visit an IKEA store.
Is Black Friday a good time to buy furniture?
It all depends on who you ask. But some sources, like House Beautiful, say that Black Friday and Cyber Week are some of the best times to buy furniture and home decor for many retailers.
In addition to IKEA, these other furniture and home goods sites offer fantastic deals for Black Friday.
- Apt2B – *Retailer also offers 3% – 10% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
- Ashley Furniture – *Retailer also offers 3% – 10% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
- Ben Soleimani
- Circa Lighting
- The Company Store
- The Container Store – *Retailer also offers 3% – 10% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
- Decorators Best
- Frontera Furniture Company *Retailer also offers 4% – 12% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
- Home Depot– *Retailer also offers 3% – 15% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
- Interior Define
- Jayson Home
- John Robshaw
- Joss & Main
- Lowe’s– *Retailer also offers 3% – 10% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
- Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
- Modsy – *Retailer also offers2% – 10% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
- Overstock– *Retailer also offers 3% – 15% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
- Raymour & Flanigan– *Retailer also offers 3% – 10% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
- Revival Rugs
- Rifle Paper Co.
- Rugs USA
- Walmart– *Retailer also offers 3% – 10% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
- Wovenly – *Retailer also offers 2% – 10% cash back from Swagbucks and $10 off a purchase of $25 or more
*Cashback is offered through the free Swagbucks online rewards app and online shopping portal. The free $10 gift card on a purchase of $25 or greater is also offered from Swagbucks. The $10 gift card bonus is for new members of Swagbucks, or for existing members making their first Swagbucks shopping portal purchase.
If you’re not a member of Swagbucks, it’s free to join, and takes about 30 seconds to sign up.
What Other Stores Have the Best Deals on Black Friday?
Other retailers and hot deals you should hit up during the holiday season include:
- Academy Black Friday
- Amazon Black Friday
- Bed Bath and Beyond Black Friday
- Bath and Body Works Black Friday
- Best Buy Black Friday
- Cabela’s Black Friday
- Costco Black Friday
- Dell Black Friday
- GameStop Black Friday
- Harbor Freight Black Friday
- Hobby Lobby Black Friday
- Home Depot Black Friday
- Hulu Black Friday
- IKEA Black Friday
- JCPenney Black Friday
- Kohl’s Black Friday
- Lowe’s Black Friday
- Lululemon Black Friday
- Macy’s Black Friday
- Menards Black Friday
- Newegg Black Friday
- Nike Black Friday
- Old Navy Black Friday
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Black Friday
- Sam’s Club Black Friday
- Sephora Black Friday
- Staples Black Friday
- Steam Sale for Black Friday
- Target Black Friday
- Tractor Supply Black Friday
- T-Mobile Black Friday
- Ulta Black Friday
- UGG Black Friday
- Vans Black Friday
- Verizon Black Friday
- Victoria’s Secret Black Friday
- Walmart Black Friday
- Wayfair Black Friday
- Yeti Black Friday
- Black Friday Airpod Deals
- Black Friday Apple Deals
- Black Friday iPad Deals
- Black Friday Laptop Deals
- Black Friday Gaming Chairs
- Black Friday Phone Deals
- Black Friday PS4 Deals
- Black Friday TV Deals
- Nintendo Switch Black Friday
- Guide to Valentine’s Day Specials and Deals 2020
- Saving for College: How Much Do You Need to Get Started
- 10 Ways to Make Free Money Online Today
- Best Work Laptop – Top 10 Picks for Today’s Best Business Laptops
- Stores that Give Cash Back on Your Debit Card Purchases
- How To Choose The Right Monthly Wine Club For You
- What Is Cyber Monday? Everything You Need to Know to Get the Best Deals
- P&G Everyday Brands and Coupons for All Procter & Gamble Brands
- How to Sell Things Fast on eBay: 8 Tips for a Quick Sale
- Make Money From Home: 6 Ideas That Will Make You Over $500
- Get PayPal for Taking Online Surveys
- 100 SB Bonus To Try In-Store Deals