There is a saying that you should work smarter, not harder. Another saying tells you to make your money work for you rather than the other way around. Those are great sayings if you have money already but if you do not, then sayings are all that they are.
You can create a passive income stream with little to no money to start with if you know how to begin. Which means, yes, you can make money while you sleep.
There are many legitimate ways to do this. While you might not be making millions of dollars, there are plenty of apps and programs where you can earn money through residual income.
Create an online course for YouTube. Do the work once, reap the rewards for months or years to come with ad revenue. Join a rewards app like Swagbucks and refer your friends.
While you’re sleeping, your friends can be completing offers and taking surveys – and you’ll be earning a 10% cut.
Those are just a couple ways to go about it. There are plenty more, so let’s dive in.
Are there ways to make money while you sleep?
Yes! There are a lot of ways to make money while you sleep. You can generate passive income with something as simple as changing your usual savings accounts to a high-yield savings account so that every dollar earns a little bit without effort. There are many other things that you can do.
Passive Income Streams
The following ways to earn money require you to have some money at your disposal already. They may also require some knowledge about what you are doing. The more complex the idea or the higher the amount of money, the more knowledge you may need.
There are online courses that can help you learn the basics of earning passive income from investing of any kind. Here are some of the ways you may be able to earn money without effort, provided you have the money, skills, and good fortune to set yourself up.
- Real estate investing. You can be a house flipper, start earning rental income or invest in commercial real estate.
- Play the stock market. If you know your bulls from your bears, your futures from your shorts, and when to let a stock ride, you can make major money. Remember, the stock market can be volatile and a single wrong move can cost you thousands of dollars in the blink of an eye.
- Alternative investments. People are finding financial freedom in unlikely places these days including in the cannabis industry, the wine market, and of course, cryptocurrency. Like the stock market, it is important to know the terms and to pay attention to legislation regarding each of these choices.
What are some legit ways to make money while you sleep?
If you are not lucky enough to have money to invest in an online business or other money-making methods, you can start earning passive income in a few different ways. Here are some that require only minimal monetary investment to get started:
- Own a vending machine business. You buy or rent the vending machines, fill and service them, and then simply collect proceeds. You can also do this without investment by working for a vending machine company or an investor. You service the route and are paid for your time.
- Drop shipping. You create a catalog of items that can be advertised on an existing site or on a new site created specifically for your products. Customers buy the items and they are shipped directly from a warehouse without you ever having to handle inventory at all.
- Rewards programs. Invite your friends and family to try rewards apps you use, like InboxDollars or MyPoints. When they earn cash back rewards from shopping, trying offers, or taking surveys, you’ll earn a cut. Cash can roll in at any time of the day.
- Influencer. If you’ve got a large social following, you could become an Influencer and make money for sharing products and services.
Earn Passive Income without Money
Finally, there are the passive income ideas for people who do not have a dime to spare for investing or to risk in any way.
- Write a personal finance blog. Share tips for earning money, saving money, and how to generate money while you sleep. Any blog subject will do – it doesn’t necessarily have to be themed around personal finance. Lifestyle blogs, parenting blogs, and technology blogs are three immensely popular categories (out of hundreds) that you could branch into.
- Start a YouTube channel and create videos on the content that you personally enjoy. The more you enjoy what you are talking about the more your audience will enjoy your content and keep coming back.
- Affiliate marketing and social media marketing. Any content that you create can be used to sell related products. You get a percentage of sales generated from links on your blog or videos plus you can earn more money from ad revenue if you allow advertisers to use space on your site.
- Sell eBooks. Do you have a passion for a topic? Can you share that passion in a clear and enjoyable way? You can write an eBook and sell it on Amazon and other sites.
What is making money while you sleep called?
Making money while you sleep is called passive income. You can also call it playing it smart because you are not trading your time for someone else’s profit. Over time, some people can make a full-time income in the comfort of their own home, even while wearing sloth jammies.
What is the most profitable passive income?
The ways to make the most money requires investment. Investing of all kinds, real estate investments, rental properties, and similar ventures.
Can you make money from sleeping?
Up to this point, it has all been about building a revenue stream while you are asleep. But, what if you could sleep and earn money from doing just that? Are you a champion sleeper? Fancy a nap and wish that you could earn income from that snoozy goodness? You are in luck!
Yes, people will actually pay you to get a little shut-eye. You could:
- Be a mystery shopper that specializes in hotels. Shoppers are given an assignment and it may include a night or two in a local hotel. Pay may vary and the requirements are typically a valid credit card (to check in with), a smartphone with internet access, and the ability to write a decent review.
- Research and review sleep products. Items might include mattresses, room-darkening window treatments, white-noise machines or apps, and more.
- Participate in sleep studies. In some cases, you may earn a gift card only but some do pay cash.
If you can make extra cash without extra effort, shouldn’t you do it? You can save the money for your retirement, add it to your savings account, or treat yourself to something special.
- Sam Walton: The Genius Behind WalMart
- 3 Must Know Ways to Make Money on Instagram
- How to Make Money on Tik Tok
- The Best Online Surveys for Money
- All About Bokksu
- The Best Wine Subscription Boxes of 2020
- The Ultimate Staples Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- Proofreading Jobs: 7 Places to Get Started
- Travel Hacking: How to Fly for Little or Nothing—Even In First Class!
- The Ultimate Bed Bath & Beyond Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- Great Deals at Lululemon: Black Friday and Beyond
- AutoZone Coupons