There’s an app for everything these days, and that includes walking. There are a number of fitness apps you can use and get paid to walk. Whether it’s dog walking or just logging a set number of daily steps, there’s an app for you to earn rewards for getting fit.
Related: Get paid for your taking surveys and other online activities with Swagbucks. Earn free gift cards, PayPal cash, and more.
What are some apps that pay you to walk?
Yes! You read that right. You can actually get paid to walk. You can not only earn money, gift cards, or other rewards simply by walking but you can also earn charity money as well.
Some of the apps only track certain types of activity (such as steps) while others will reward you for any type of workout, indoor, outdoor, strength training, and cycling.
Here are just a few of the top apps that let you get paid real money walking, or working out.
- Free app available for iOS and Android systems.
- Earn points that will be used toward the charity of your choice.
- Choose from over 24 charities to donate to.
- Points can be earned from walking, running, cycling, or other workouts.
- Indoor and outdoor workouts are both tracked.
- Can use your phone’s GPS so that you don’t need any of the outside fitness trackers.
- Earn up to 80 points per day by walking.
- Earn $10 for every 10,000 points you earn.
- Can connect to over 30 fitness trackers or can use your phone’s GPS/pedometer/health tracker.
- More points can be earned by completing surveys.
- Join challenges and complete simple tasks to earn virtual coins.
- Lympo uses its own cryptocurrency called LYM. This can be traded for gift cards or sports merch on the website.
- Can synch with Apple Health.
- Like a dog walker, the people on this app earn money by taking other people for walks.
- Currently only available in a few cities on the West Coast.
Walgreens Balance Rewards
- Walgreens Balance Rewards points are no longer available.
- The program is now called MyWalgreens and cash rewards are given if you join challenges for your health.
- You can join 2 challenges at one time. (One physical challenge plus one lifestyle challenge.)
- You can use a fitness app or tracker or you can manually track your activity during the challenges.
- You must join the MyWalgreens program before starting a challenge or earning money.
- There are several additional ways to earn balance reward points with the program. These include monitoring your sleep with a Fitbit or MyFitnessPal, monitoring your blood pressure, blood glucose, and other stats.
- Available for iOS only at this time.
- Can connect to the Apple Watch.
- Earn rewards by reaching fitness goals.
- Earn money for every 2000 steps.
- Cannot count indoor walking or workouts.
- Can only use your phone’s GPS for tracking, no other fitness apps or fitness trackers.
- Earn the Sweat Coin cryptocurrency.
- 20,000 Sweat Coins is equal to $1000 in Paypal cash. It is estimated that it will take roughly 18 months to earn this amount.
- You don’t just earn cash with Step Bet. You can possibly lose your own money as well.
- You make a bet against yourself, with real money. Fail to hit your goal and your money is gone.
- If you do hit your goal, you can win, usually a few dollars over what you bet.
- Connect with Fitbit, Garmin, or your own phone’s health app.
What is the popular walk and earn money app?
In addition to the paid walking apps listed above, you can also try CashWalk. You can earn money walking, build better health habits, and stay motivated no matter what your fitness goals are.
- Is free to join.
- Is available for iOS and Android systems.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors and tracks treadmill workouts as well.
Do you need a Fitbit to get paid to walk?
While a Fitbit fitness tracker can be a great tool for some people, it is not necessary if you want to earn extra money by walking. Most of the apps listed above as well as many of the others will use other health apps or the GPS on your phone to track your steps and motion so that you do not need to buy a separate tracker.
How can you earn crypto while walking?
There are several apps that allow you to earn crypto while walking. In addition to Lympo and Sweat Coin listed above, here are a few other apps that let you earn cryptocurrency while walking:
- BitWalking (You must walk 10,000 steps per day to earn rewards.)
- Just Move
These apps are usually free. Some may only be available for iOS or Android while others are available for both. Check to see if a fitness tracker is required and how you will get paid before downloading any of these apps.
There are other apps to earn free Bitcoin, too. There are a number of survey apps that will pay you Bitcoin for taking surveys.
How can you make even more money while walking?
Most of the apps listed simply pay you to walk. But, you can earn more money by using these apps while you walk dogs, fill orders at grocery stores, or even deliver food as a worker for a popular food delivery service.
Not only are you improving your health by starting a new walking habit, but you can also be making money working your own hours walking dogs or similar side hustles.
How does Sweatcoin make money?
Sweatcoin makes money by working with a number of partners. Based in the UK, Sweatcoin receives funding from over 600 different brands, the government, health insurers, and the National Health Service (NHS).
Anything that can encourage better health habits saves the NHS money. The more people that sign up for Sweatcoin, the better it is for everyone. If you can get people to pay a bit of attention to their own health by giving them extra cash or a cash prize, it is a win-win for everyone.
What is Charity Miles?
Charity Miles is one of the apps that pays what you earn to a charity of your choice. You can raise money for any of the listed charities on the website and then use your phone to track your steps and miles toward your goals.
You earn points on your own schedule indoors or out. The app rewards you for additional workouts such as cycling.
- How to Get a Stimulus Check from the Federal Government
- Staples Black Friday 2021
- How to Make the Most Money on Swagbucks
- The Ultimate Bed Bath & Beyond Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- 8 Best Checking Accounts 2020: Online, High Interest, and More
- How Much Money Should I Save? The Basics You Need to Know
- Walmart Black Friday Deals: This Year’s Black Friday Event
- Surveys for Gift Cards
- Use a Target Gift Card Online
- 10 Best Work From Home & Online Jobs to Earn Money in 2020
- Make Money Online: How to Make a Living Outside of a Traditional Career
- How to Get People to Send You Money: A Guide to Crowdfunding