Tovala is part smart oven, part meal kit, and all about home cooking. Unlike most other meal services, you also get a new kitchen appliance that can do the cooking for you so your meals are perfect no matter how much of a kitchen newbie you are.
In addition to the food that you get with your plan, you can cook your own food including brand-name foods and your own creations.
What is the Tovala Smart Oven?
The Tovala Smart Oven is best described as futuristic, reinvented home cooking. You scan the recipe card, pop the food into the oven, and then walk away. Soon you are eating perfectly cooked foods with prep times of less than one minute. Most meals are ready to eat in less than 20 minutes.
The Tovala Smart Oven is unique because it is connected to an app that lets you have access to free recipes for everything from chicken to salmon, and your family’s dinner favorites. Just find the recipe, place the food in the oven, and press start, and your dinner is on the way to your plate without worry that it will fail.
Can I Use My Tovala as an Air Fryer?
Although some product review sites say yes, the official Tovala website says nothing about being used as an air fryer. You can use the Tovala Smart Oven to:
- Toast (with 5 settings available)
How Much Does Tovala Cost to Get Started?
The Tovala Oven itself typically costs $299 but the current promotion will allow you to buy one for just $99 if you sign up for a subscription plan of 6 meals in the first 6 months. You also get a 100-day trial to decide if the oven is your new best friend or not.
Meals are all ready to cook without prep or additional time needed. Plans are available for as few as 4 meals per week and go up to 16 per week. The pricing starts at $11.99 per meal.
Shipping for meals is $5.99 for fewer than 8 meals per delivery.
Are Tovala Meals Worth It?
In most cases, you might be able to get the actual foods at the same or lower costs but that would require shopping, prep work, and then actual cooking. If you want fresh, delicious food but do not have the time or inclination to shop for and prepare it, Tovala could be your perfect match.
Because the oven can also be used for other foods, you aren’t limited to what is on the Tovala menu.
What Are Some Cheaper Alternatives to Tovala?
Tovala is hard to compare against other companies because few of them offer the actual oven in addition to the food in the meal plans. There are smart ovens that you can buy and there are food subscription boxes you can use.
Smart Ovens to Consider
There are several smart ovens that do the same things and in some cases, even more, than the Tovala oven for a lower price.
- Priced at $179.97
- Get 8 bonus items including a 6 Quart Nutri Pot Digital Pressure Cooker
- Able to air fry, bake, broil, roast, toast, grill, dehydrate, reheat, and defrost
- Use the Swagbucks coupon code to buy the NuWave Oven and get one free plus $15 off. Cashback is also available.
Ninja Foodii 10-in-1 XL Pro
The Ninja Food Processor is a total beast of a workhorse.
- Priced at $329
- Can air fry, whole roast, air roast, bake, dehydrate, pizza, broil, toast, bagel, reheat, and bake
- Several coupons are available
Subscription-Based Food Boxes
Because the price for food plans will vary by so many factors, they will not be included here.
Bottom Line on Tovala Smart Ovens
Not everyone has the desire or the ability to cook a good meal. There are plenty of people that would love to do so but just do not have the time. Instead of popping a sodium-laden, sad-looking microwave meal in to be nuked, wouldn’t it be nice to have something fresh and delightful?
It comes down to how much value do you put on your time? If you don’t think your time has any value at all, then you might think the Tovala Oven is just an expensive gimmick and another gadget that will just take up space.
If you want to spend your time doing other things but still have a good meal at the end of the day, you might just find that the Tovala oven is entirely worth the investment. You don’t have to accept subpar food just to save some time.
- How to Make Money Selling eBooks Online
- How To Choose The Right Monthly Wine Club For You
- A Guide to Visa Fraud Prevention
- How Do Cash back Sites & Apps Work?
- How to Make Money Online 2022: A Beginner’s Guide
- 2021 Best Coupon Sites for Savings
- Convert Your Unwanted Holiday Gift Cards into Cash
- Max Out Your Swagbucks Account – How to Earn Even More!
- The Ultimate Macy’s Cashback & Coupon Code Deal
- Where to Find Nestlé Coupons and Promotions for All Nestlé USA Brands
- How to Save for College: 529 Plans, Education Savings Accounts and More
- Harbor Freight Black Friday 2021