Bokksu was founded in 2016 by Danny Taing. The goal is to bring authentic Japanese snacks and to keep traditions alive while introducing new friends to brand new snacks.
It is still a relatively small company but continues to grow. In addition to subscription boxes, customers can send a Bokksu box as a gift or can shop through the Bokksu market for individual snacks, teas, and merchandise.
What is Bokksu?
Bokksu is a snack subscription box company. You can choose between 3,6, and 12-month subscriptions that take you on a fun journey and deliver new flavors and treats right to your door.
- Each box comes with several themed snack items from candy to savory treats.
- You can pause the subscription on the website.
- Every snack box comes with a full list of ingredients of each item.
What Does Bokksu Mean in Japanese?
Bokksu simply means “box” in Japanese. The name is spelled without a secondary “U” to conform with the way it is pronounced.
How Expensive is Bokksu?
The cost of Bokksu depends on the subscription that you choose. There are also ways to save some money on your snack subscription. Pricing for the boxes which include 20-24 snacks and teas as well as a snack booklet:
- 1 Month at $49.95
- 3 months at $44.95 per box for a total of $134.85
- 6 months at $42.95 per box for a total of $257.40
- 12 months at $39.95 per box for a total of $497.40
Gift cards are available in amounts from $50 to $500. Market items vary in price.
All subscription boxes have free shipping with the exception of the Tasting Box which ships for $4.95.
Saving Money on a Bokksu Subscription
You can save money on Bokksu by:
- Signing up for Bokksu through Swagbucks and earning 2% cashback.
- Sign up for the longer subscriptions and pay less per box.
- Sign up for emails from Bokksu and get $10 for your first order/
- Refer friends and get $20 for each friend that signs up. Your friend will also get $20 to use for their first snack box order/
- Join the Bokksu rewards program and start earning points on every order. You will also earn points for signing up for an account, posting a review, posting on social media, and for your birthday. You will earn 1 point for every dollar spent.
What Do You Get in a Bokksu Order?
Every snack box comes packed with a number of snacks, at least one tea variety all based on a selected theme for that month.
- Themes can include a holiday, a season, or an aspect of Japanese culture.
- Flavor profiles range from sweet to savory, tart and tangy, to mild.
- Ingredients may include things you have never heard of and may require a sense of adventure and an open mind. Try to at least taste the items and you may surprise yourself
- Always check the booklet to see which snacks pair together best.
- All ingredients are listed on the website and in the snack information in each box. Possible common allergens are also highlighted in this information for anyone who needs it.
Is Bokksu Vegetarian?
Some of the items from Bokksu are vegetarian while others are not. The company does not offer a purely vegetarian option at this time because of its small size.
Is Bokksu Halal?
Again, some items are considered to be Halal while others may not be. All information about ingredients is included in the packaging. You can also find ingredients for each item before your box ships each month.
How Do You Order Bokksu?
- Select the length of your snack subscription
- Create your account and input your information including where the box should be delivered.
- Enter your payment information. Accepted payment methods include Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- Your order will be confirmed and tracking information will be sent to your email address.
- Orders can be tracked using your account as well.
- Wait for delightful snacks to arrive at your door. (Hide the best ones from your family.)
Can You Cancel Bokksu?
Yes! You can cancel your Bokksu subscription at any time before your renewal date directly from your account or by reaching out to customer service.
- The last day to cancel is one day before your subscription renews.
- You can change or pause a subscription from your account at any time as well.
- If you cancel after the cutoff date, you will receive the next scheduled box.
What Are Some Similar Snack Boxes?
- Love With Food
- Universal Yums
- Umai Crate
- Japan Crate
- Snack Sack
- Candy Club
- Munch Pack
- Fit Snack
- Snakku Snack Box
Tea Only Subscription Boxes
For the big tea fan, there are subscription plans that feature authentic Japanese teas, teas sourced directly from small farmers, and exotic combinations that are almost impossible to believe.
- Sam’s Club Black Friday Deals 2021
- 14 Stores Still Offering Layaway
- First Responder Discounts
- Does Uber or Lyft Pay More? How to Earn the Most as a Driver
- How to Make $100K a Year: The Best Jobs & Side Hustles for Earning Big
- Massage Gungs 101: What You Need to Know
- 12 of the Best Baby Freebies and Samples of 2020
- Best Value Colleges
- How Much Does Renters Insurance Cost?
- How to Save Money & Cut Costs When Building a House
- 6 Legit Ways to Make Money from Home in 2021 – For Free!
- Taking Your Career Online With Virtual Assistant Jobs