By: Dannie Phan | October 8th, 2020
Want to learn how to make money on eBay? Read on and discover for yourself which markets might net you extra income.
eBay is a platform celebrated for its wide variety of products. Like Amazon, it offers you access to anything that you can think of – and then some.
There are several practical items, of course, that you can sell on eBay, ranging from old clothes to collectibles. However, many ebay sellers have gotten creative with their offers, providing shoppers with anything from car parts to their own souls (though sales of such a theoretical nature were banned after the first one caused such a stir). You can even sell prefabricated homes on eBay, should you wish to go to the effort of establishing them.
In short, let your imagination guide you to a potential product, and it’s likely that, with eBay, you can find a market.
The Easiest Things To Sell On eBay
While you can sell all manner of things on eBay, there are some products that move a little faster than others and you can sell at higher prices. These include:
Hobbyist mechanics and scrap dealers alike can take to eBay to find car parts for their various projects. If you have an older car that doesn’t drive anymore and you want to make some money off of it, you can dismantle it or offer it in full to shoppers on eBay, who can then use it for their own purposes.
Who doesn’t love Legos? Not only are these toys a hit with children of all ages, but adults and artists will also rapidly scoop up any that end up on the eBay marketplace. You can sell Legos by the pound in exchange for a neat sum.
Everyone’s lost their remote at some point in their life, and there comes a point where looking for it isn’t worth the time. While you can invest in a universal remote, you can alternatively turn to eBay, where someone may be selling the remote to the same kind of television you have in your home. As such, you can sell your own remote for much the same price.
Not everyone can afford to make a trip to the eye doctor on a yearly basis. If you have older eyeglasses you no longer need, you can note the prescription and sell them to someone on eBay who may be in need. Name brand can go for a higher sale price.
Strangely enough, the market for golf balls is thriving. If you have golf balls in good condition at home, or if you’ve spent a few years collecting some, the shoppers on eBay can offer you a significant sum should you be willing to part with them.
The creative people in the world can take an abandoned case of crayons and turn them into a gold mine. It’s on you, however, to provide those crayons. If your kids have grown up and moved on, or even if you just want to cut back on your crayon supply, you can sell these colorful wax sticks to shoppers on eBay, who can then turn around and use them to create fantastic works of art.
If you have some older VHS tapes in your closet, you’re in luck. These now-defunct videos can net you a significant sum of money, especially if they were original Disney releases. Collectors all across the world want to get their hands on some of the original releases sold by Mickey Mouse and other companies.
eBay Selling Tips
When you first start selling products on eBay, keep the following in mind:
- Make sure the products you offer net you a profit.
- Do some market research and review other eBay listings to the prices of similar products and set your prices accordingly.
- Calculate shipping to the cost of your product.
- Find a niche market, like vintage video games, trending home decor or second-hand Apple iphones but don’t be surprised if pricing gets competitive.
- Try to keep your marketing simple – don’t sell products that are too complicated, or else you risk alienating your audience.
- Present yourself as a trustworthy authority. Include reviews on your eBay profile and communicate with potential buyers.
If you’re looking to make a little bit of cash on the side, selling products on eBay is one way to do so.
- 6 Ways to Reduce Funeral Costs & Save Money on Funeral Expenses
- Guide to Valentine’s Day Specials and Deals 2020
- LifePoints Review and Alternatives for Paid Surveys
- Saving for College: How Much Do You Need to Get Started
- What is the Medicare Tax Rate in 2020? Definitions & Explanations
- All About Credit Repair Hacks
- Best Value Colleges
- 15 Far-Out Facts About Old Navy: Take the Super Saver Quiz Challenge!
- 25 Ways to Make Money in One Day: Sell Your Stuff & More
- Data Entry Jobs from Home
- All About Credit Repair Hackers
- How to Make Money Online 2020: A Beginner’s Guide