Checking your gift card balance and redeeming Walmart gift cards can sometimes be a challenge. We have answers and solutions to all the frequently asked questions for Walmart gift cards.
What is my Walmart gift card balance?
You can check your Walmart gift card balance at any Walmart store location, or by going online:
- Check your Walmart gift card balance on Walmart’s gift card balance page at www.walmart.com/account/giftcards/balance.
- Enter the card number and PIN code. If you have an eGift card, the PIN is in the confirmation email.
- Select “Get Card Balance”.
You can also check your Walmart gift card balance from your phone:
- Call 1-888-537-5503 to check balance.
- Provide the plastic gift card number or the eCard number for your Walmart card.
If you have an older Walmart gift card that did not have a PIN code, an associate at any Walmart store location will need to check the gift card balance for you. If you request, they can transfer funds from the old gift card to a newer physical gift card that contains a PIN.
Where is my Walmart gift card PIN code?
You’ll find your PIN code on the back of your physical Walmart gift card just above the barcode number.
What if I don’t have a PIN number for my Walmart gift card?
Certain Walmart gift cards may not have a PIN code. If your Walmart gift card does not have a PIN, you can use the gift card at a local Walmart store but will not be able to use it at Walmart.com. In some cases, you may be able to trade in a gift card without a PIN for a new prepaid card with a PIN. This card swap must be done in-store.
How can I add funds to my Walmart gift card balance?
There are a couple of ways to add additional funds to your Walmart gift card balance.
- Visit Walmart.com/easygift and enter the gift card number, enter the amount that you want to add, and then checkout. To add funds to your Walmart gift card online, you will also have to link a bank account. You can provide your debit card number or checking account number and routing number to do so. Visa debit cards are the most common method used for adding additional funds.
- You can do it at a physical Walmart store location instead. A sales associate can reload your Walmart gift card with additional funds. Please note you cannot add funds to any third-party gift cards (i.e. pre-paid Visa card) purchased in a Walmart store.
What is the difference between a Walmart gift card and a Walmart eGift card?
A Walmart gift card is a physical, plastic Walmart gift card. It can be used in Walmart stores or for online shopping at Walmart.com.
A Walmart eGift card is a digital Walmart gift code and comes in the form of a code. It gets sent to the recipient by email delivery. A Walmart eGift card will arrive within 48 hours of being purchased, but usually only takes a few minutes. A Walmart eGift card can be redeemed online or in-store. You’ll just need to print out the email you received containing the eGift card barcode.
Where can I use my Walmart gift card?
You can use a U.S. issued Walmart gift card or eGift card at any of these online or offline locations in the United States, including Puerto Rico:
- Walmart stores
- Walmart gas stations
- Sam’s Club stores
- Sam’s Club gas stations
If you are not a Sam’s Club member, you can still shop in Sam’s Club stores at the photo center, club cafe, liquor store, optical center, or pharmacy. If you want full access to all store goods and services, you can visit the Sam’s Club website and get a One Day Pass via guest registration. Guest members will be charged a 10% service fee above all listed merchandise prices, except for select locations exempt from the service fee. You can get a free membership if someone in your household is a Sam’s Club member. This individual can you do their account as a complimentary second member. For additional add-on members, there is a $40 charge.
What can I buy with my Walmart gift card?
Your Walmart gift card can be used to purchase merchandise and Walmart services offered at any of these locations, including home, bath, garden, fuel, auto parts, and auto services, TV & electronics, gaming consoles, and video games, iPads and select Apple products, apparel, furniture, toys, and more.
You cannot use your Walmart gift card to buy gift cards. This includes Walmart and Sam’s Club gift cards and gift cards to third-party retailers like Apple, Google Play, Starbucks, and iTunes, or prepaid credit cards like MasterCard or Visa gift cards issued by Visa U.S.A. Inc.
Can I use my Walmart gift card at Starbucks?
No, a Walmart gift card cannot be used at Starbucks. There are no Starbucks locations or kiosks located within any Starbucks stores.
Where can I buy Walmart gift cards?
- You can shop gift cards and eGift cards in Walmart stores and online at Walmart.com.
- Walmart gift cards are occasionally sold by third-party retailers, at a mark-up, on sites like Amazon.com.
- You can also earn free gift cards to Walmart from different rewards sites. On Swagbucks you can find Walmart coupons and promo codes, and earn PayPal and cash rewards for answering trivia, cash back shopping, and discovering deals.
- You can also use Swagbucks earnings to save money and get Walmart gift cards at a 13% off discount.
- Gift card reseller sites, like MyGiftCardsPlus, also help you save money. Other consumers sell their unwanted gift cards at a discounted price, buy Walmart gift cards at a savings of up to 5% off the card value.
Terms and Conditions of Walmart Gift Cards and eGift Cards