Xbox lovers rely on Xbox Live access to get loads of goodies and player access, regardless of whether using Xbox 360 or Xbox One. But unless you’ve opted for an annual Xbox Live or Xbox Live Gold card, you may be in for a crushing surprise in the form of a sudden low balance. Fortunately, a few easy questions lead to the right answers to ensure your Microsoft account is never neglected and you’ll always be able to know just how much is remaining on your Xbox gift card. Let’s get started!
What is my Xbox gift card balance?
Finding your Xbox gift card balance is rather easy, but it does depend on where you bought the gift card.
- Check the back of your gift card for a 1-800 number.
- Call that number and enter your account number, security code on the back of the card, or PIN if applicable. You may also be able to do this online.
- If you purchased your Xbox gift card, Xbox Live or Xbox Live Gold directly from Microsoft for your Xbox 360 or Xbox One, simply call customer service.
- You can also log in to your Microsoft account at Microsoft.com or use your Xbox console, select “Home”, and then select “Money and Gift Cards” to check your gift card balance.
- Check your gift card balance on Xbox.com by going to https://www.xbox.com/en-US/giftcards/balance.
Does my Xbox gift card expire?
Almost all gift cards in the United States eventually expire, and that includes an Xbox gift card, whether it’s purchased at a local grocery store, ordered online, or sent as a promotional gift card via Microsoft Rewards or Xbox Live Rewards. The expiration date is clear and can be found on the back of the gift card. However, Xbox Live cards never expire. Always check the FAQ on the packaging or read the fine print when purchasing a gift card code or Microsoft gift card online to verify the card’s longevity. Make sure to check your account balance regularly to ensure it’s still active.
Where can I buy an Xbox gift card or egift card?
There are several places you can potentially buy an Xbox gift card or egift card. Some of the easiest and most legitimate options include the following:
Physical and egift card purchases are available from most of those locations, and they will accept a major United States-based credit card or debit during checkout. An egift card option will just include an Xbox digital code. You’ll need to then have the recipient redeem code at Microsoft.com, on your Microsoft account, at Xbox.com, or via an Xbox console.
How can I load more funds onto my Xbox gift card?
You can either log onto your Microsoft account via Microsoft.com or right from your Xbox console—Xbox 360 and Xbox One work fine to access your account. Go to the gift card page in the Microsoft Store and make your selection based on your needs for an Xbox or Microsoft gift card. Then simply choose the amount needed to refill and checkout. Payment options include credit or debit cards, prepaid credit card, and PayPal in certain locations. You’ll always be able to access your account balance or gift card balance this way as well. Check your Microsoft FAQ for the customer service number if any concerns arise.
Where can I use my Xbox gift card?
Xbox gift cards are not accepted at the physical Microsoft Store. However, there are three places where they are accepted:
- Microsoft.com on the Microsoft Store online for digital code and content purposes
- On Xbox, Xbox 360, or Xbox One
Your Xbox gift card can be used for apps, downloads, content, TV shows, and so much more, so not being able to use it in a physical Microsoft Store isn’t a big deal for most people.
What if my Xbox gift card is stolen?
Unfortunately, Microsoft clearly states that it isn’t responsible for a lost or stolen gift card code, as there’s no way for the company to verify a redeemed code for the intended party. If the gift card is physical and was purchased at a store, you can attempt to go to that store directly and explain the code didn’t work. In some cases, replacements are granted. Be sure to have the credit card used for the original purchase on hand just in case.
How can I earn free Xbox gift cards?
A lot of sites promise free gift cards, but there are a lot of scams out there. Always check the site or app’s FAQ to see just how they work and if any extra non-site-related purchases are necessary on your end (a major red flag). May rewards sites, however, are legitimate and offer customers a way to earn free gift cards, and even Xbox Live Gold cards or points. Claim Xbox coupons and promo codes at Swagbucks to earn free Xbox gift cards while also receiving cash back for purchases at the Microsoft Store. Try the following to start earning your way towards free Xbox gift card:
What are the Xbox gift card Terms and Conditions?
Xbox gift cards must be redeemed through an active Microsoft account. The cards may then be used at participating “stores”, including Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and the online Microsoft Store. Any Xbox redemption must be incorporated via an Xbox Live account. Money may be added to the card via your Microsoft account or by redeeming a code. Your Non-promotional account balance does not expire, although physical cards may. A Microsoft account balance may be used to purchase Xbox digital products online, including TV shows. However, gift cards and account balances are not legally redeemable for cash via Microsoft.com or Xbox.com. Not adhering to the agreement is cause for account forfeiture, suspension, or termination. Microsoft may add, change, or adjust their terms and conditions at any time.
Popular Coupons, Promo Codes, and Deals:
- Find Great Deals During the Next Victoria’s Secret Semi-Annual Sale
- 7 Ways to Make the Most of Online Surveys and Offers
- 14 Stores Still Offering Layaway
- Where to sell your unwanted or used items like clothing and furniture
- How to Save Money When Eating Out at Restaurants
- The Best Wine Subscription Boxes of 2020
- Getting Into Online Data Entry Jobs
- How to Get the Best Deal at Pet Stores Every Time
- Guide to Best Mother’s Day Brunches
- 27 Restaurants Where Kids Eat Free
- Starting Your Freelance Proofreading Career Off Right
- How to Get a Vanilla Visa Gift Card For Free