Taking surveys for money is a fast, easy, and fun way to add to a savings account, pay off some bills, or just get ready for the holiday season. Tip: take your rewards in gift cards to give to people on your shopping list and make your life even easier!
The problem is that some paid survey sites pay better and faster than others. Some may only pay a few cents per survey so earning a reward can be frustrating and slow. And, if you spend any time online, you will start seeing the super tempting ads for scam survey sites. It is important to know how to tell legitimate survey sites from the phonies.
Which survey sites are legit?
Here are some legitimate survey companies that let you earn points and rewards for completed surveys. Unless otherwise noted, all are free to join.
- Swagbucks is open to everyone age 13 and up.
- Earn points (SB) for completing paid surveys and other tasks.
- Payment methods: Paypal or gift cards.
- Minimum payout: $3.
- Are referral rewards available? Yes. You earn SB for every referral plus a portion of the referral’s points.
- Must be 13 to join InboxDollars.
- $15 minimum for the first payout. Can make requests at smaller amounts afterward.
- Must have a linked bank account or verified bank card for payout.
- Payment methods: Paypal cash, gift cards, bank deposit.
- Referral rewards are available. Like Swagbucks, you will earn a portion of your referral’s points.
- New accounts must verify their postal address before electronic payouts are made.
- Payouts are available at $10 and can take up to 10 days to process for new accounts.
- Established members can request payouts up to two times per day.
- Payment methods: Gift cards, Paypal, or Payoneer.
- MyPoints has one of the highest minimum payout requirements at $25.
- Payment methods include gift cards to stores and restaurants, Paypal, Visa prepaid debit cards, and travel miles added to a United Mileage Plus account.
- Reach your daily goal and establish streaks to add bonus points.
- Originally used just as a way to bolster existing 529 plans.
- Link a valid plan and earn a $25 bonus.
- Earn cashback for purchases, dining out, and at gas stations.
Harris Poll Online
- One of the oldest online survey sites, Harris Poll Online was established in 1963.
- Payment methods are limited to gift cards or merchandise only.
- Does not have a mobile app.
- Pinecone Research does not always accept new members. New members can be added by invitation only.
- The first payout request can be made at $3 but must be paid by bank transfer.
- Cash transfers are made through Wallet by Rewards on Demand and are available only to US members.
- Gift cards and prepaid Visa cards are also available.
- You must be 17 or older to join this site.
- Payment methods include gift cards, vouchers, and cash.
- Very high minimum payout requirement of $50.
- In addition to online surveys, Opinion Outpost offers product testing and diary studies.
- In addition to completing surveys, you can take part in daily challenges and polls.
- Reward options include gift cards, Paypal cash, Branded Pay, or charitable donations. Branded Pay is available in the US only.
- Can request a payout at $5.
- Branded Surveys has a tiered system that is unique among survey sites. After completing a set number of surveys or earning the required number of points you can move into the Bronze, Silver, or Gold tier. Each tier increases your potential earnings per survey.
- Survey Junkie has a minimum payout threshold of $10.
- Reward options include gift cards, Paypal, and direct bank transfers. Some options are available to US members only.
- Can also sign up for SJ Pulse which tracks digital browsing.
American Consumer Opinion
- One of the few survey sites that do not have a referral program.
- Must reach $10 for a payout request.
- More payment options than many other survey sites with charity donations, Paypal, Hyperwallet, or Sweepstakes entries.
- Hyperwallet payments may have fees and can take as long as 12 weeks to be completed.
- All payout requests will pay all points with the exception of requests made by choosing the sweepstakes entry option.
What is the highest paying legit survey site?
The highest-paying legit survey site will vary for every person because of the nature of the surveys. Paid survey sites can advertise that their surveys pay X amount per survey, but none of them can guarantee that you, the individual will qualify for them. Sites can list their survey opportunities and may include how much relevant surveys could possibly pay.
It is important to know that you will not qualify for all available surveys. Taking paid surveys can sometimes feel like a lost cause and other times it will be a ridiculously easy way to earn money.
What survey websites pay PayPal cash?
Many of the sites listed above do offer Paypal cash as one of the payment options. To quickly recap, Swagbucks, InboxDollars, ySense, MyPoints, Branded Surveys, Survey Junkie, and American Consumer Opinion all offer this option.
PayPal cash options may not be available in all countries.
Is doing online surveys worth it?
Paid survey opportunities can be worth it if you think of them first as a way of giving your valued opinions instead of a way to earn money. Most surveys are going to be on the low side and that’s okay if you use the other ways to make money on the site. The best-paid survey sites offer you several ways to earn money.
The average survey will only take minutes to complete and survey takers can do other tasks like watching videos while they are on the same survey platform.
Final Word on Legit Online Paid Surveys
To be sure that you are signing up for a legitimate survey site, check the online community and read reviews. Know the warning signs of a scam site like asking for payment, offering unrealistic amounts for a survey, or asking for personal information like a driver’s license number. Legit survey sites do not need this information and will not ask you to pay to answer surveys.
Taking surveys can be interesting and fun but you should know that some of the surveys may be boring and repetitive. Some surveys are designed that way on purpose to make sure that the person taking surveys is paying attention.
Paid online surveys may be the perfect way to make a few bucks during your free time especially if you are already planning to be online anyway. You can turn on some good music, get comfy, and take a few surveys for money anytime that you want.
- How to Make Money Selling eBooks Online
- SurveySavvy Review and Alternatives for Paid Surveys
- How to Make Extra Money When You Work Full Time
- Can You Make Money on YouTube?
- Things to Sell to Make Money
- How to Create a Brand Tracker Survey
- Target Black Friday Deals 2022
- Best Free Prepaid Card with no fees
- The 10 Best Cashback and Rewards Apps for 2022
- How to Start Investing: Your Guide to the Best Strategies & Apps to Invest Money
- 15 Far-Out Facts About Old Navy: Take the Super Saver Quiz Challenge!
- The 6 Best Investing Apps for 2022