Thanks to the Internet, making money at home is easier and more enjoyable than ever. TikTok was launched in 2016 and quickly became one of the top social media, especially for millennials and the Gen Z crowd. While it’s not the best paying gig in town for most people, serious and consistent TikTok users who drive traffic to their TikTok accounts, focus on content strategy, and engage followers by posting content daily can make money consistently. But how do you really make money on TikTok?
Can you make money on TikTok?
TikTok is a great way to make money by connecting with friends, sharing unique content, and diving into influencer campaigns or branded content. It’s relatively easy for TikTok creators to monetize TikTok if that’s your goal. And a bonus is that you’ll probably be able to do all this away from your older, stuffy family members who are all still focused on Facebook and Twitter for their daily updates. Of course, there are no guarantees everyone will make money on TikTok, and it’ll take some work to get started. But if you’re serious and consistent, you’ll start making money as a TikTok creator before you know it.
How do I start making TikTok money?
If you want to make money on TikTok, you’ll need some idea of where you want to go on TikTok and what your end game will be. Some steps to help you make money include:
1. Develop a content strategy.
Some TikTok users can seem to make money without much of a noticeable plan. But most successful TikTokers need to have some type of content strategy to gain views and followers. Planned out TikTok videos and TikTok videos with themes and expansion options can appeal to your current followers and even go viral.
2. Take advantage of the creator fund and TikTok creator marketplace.
TikTok users who maintain 10,000 followers, over 50,000 likes, and at least 100,000 views during a 30-day period can qualify for the Creator Fund. The Creator Fund is set to disperse at least $300 million. That’s for all global TikTok users who reach the eligibility requirements and apply for the program. So earnings may be sparse from that source alone. However, if you’re at that point, you’re already at the influencer marketing level and can connect with others on the TikTok creator marketplace. TikTok accounts and TikTok creators with those numbers tend to be connected to TikTok users who are pros at posting content. They may be dabbling in sponsored content, getting branded content deals, and even on the verge of becoming a brand ambassador. And those options will ensure you monetize TikTok, so you’re making money consistently.
3. Drive traffic to your TikTok account to get more followers.
If you’re on TikTok, you likely have other social media accounts as well. Use your connections to promote your TikTok account and TikTok videos. This should be part of your content strategy to increase followers. After all, the more followers you have, the more likely you’ll be to make money on TikTok.
4. Secure sponsored content and become a brand ambassador.
A TikTok creator can post sponsored content, branded content, or become a brand ambassador with any number of followers. Naturally, the more followers, the more likely most TikTok creators are to make money. But that’s not always the case. As long as the TikTok creator posts content relevant to a potential sponsor or brand, they may still be able to secure sponsorship. But those TikTok account holders who are eligible for the Creator Fund should definitely implement the Tiktok creator marketplace for their influencer marketing and influencer campaigns. That provides the best chance to monetize TikTok and continue making money.
5. Sell products and get paid for TikTok ads.
Sponsored content and extensive influencer campaigns aren’t the only ways, or even necessarily the best options, to make money on TikTok. You can also sell products for yourself and focus on posting content or selling products for your own business or website. Like most social media platforms, TikTok provides an excellent solution for getting the word out about whatever product or service you need to sell. Some countries also pay TikTok creators to watch TikTok ads. That’s not yet available in the U.S., but you can join an app like Zynn to get paid to watch TikTok videos or TikTok ads. You can also buy TikTok ads for your own business or products to make money.
6. Sell TikTok accounts.
One trick to making money on TikTok is to build and sell TikTok accounts. Now, you won’t be able to sell TikTok accounts on TikTok itself. But various legitimate apps do offer the service. Some of these apps include:
Many apps also sell TikTok accounts so you can become an instant TikTok creator, avoid worrying about influencer marketing, or dive right into the TikTok creator marketplace without having to build a considerable following.
How much will TikTok pay you?
There are several ways to monetize TikTok. But TikTok itself will only pay those who are eligible for the Creator Fund. To be eligible for the Creator Fund you need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Maintain at least 10,000 followers, 50,000 likes, and at least 100,000 views during a 30-day period.
- Apply for the creator fund program.
Once you are accepted, TikTok will pay two to four cents per 1,000 views from followers on your videos. Any TikTok creator who qualifies for the creator fund can also add “donate” buttons to their posts. But TikTok takes a 50% commission and sets an earning limit of $2,000-4,000. The main ways to monetize TikTok are through personal sales, influencer campaigns, and brand deals.
How much does TikTok pay per like?
TikTok doesn’t pay per like. It pays 2-4 cents per 1,000 views as long as you’re a Creator Fund member. TikTok will only pay for views if you are a member of the program. It’s a free program that benefits TikTok members with higher followers. So apply, wait for approval, and then start making money on your viral videos.
It’s important to remember the real money on TikTok comes from sales, influencer campaigns, follower donations, networking abilities through the TikTok creator marketplace, and the ability for TikTok creators to drive traffic elsewhere from their TikTok posts.
TikTok is a great way to earn free money through the creator fund, but it’s not the only social media platform that pays its members. In fact, many social media sites pay significantly more for specific tasks and content requirements.
- Snapchat — Snapchat is one of the highest-paying social media platforms because of its daily boon. The platform offers a $1 million prize daily for creating enticing and engaging content clips.
- YouTube — Anyone who creates short videos for the community on YouTube can qualify for their YouTube Shorts Fund. The fund is worth $100 million and is currently active through 2022.
- Instagram — Instagram users can purchase badges that help them stand out during live events. The badges can also be used to buy tips and bonuses for their favorite creators. Once the user has their badge attached to their name, they’ll also get extra features on the platform and be added to a list of supporters on the influencer’s page. Get enough followers with badges, and you can earn some serious money.
- Twitter — Twitter doesn’t have a content fund or special monthly prize option. But it does allow members to add a Twitter Tip Jar to their account. In addition, Twitter users with at least 10,000 followers and 25 tweets per month can also earn money from their followers with the SuperFollows. That’s a paid monthly subscription that offers followers bonus content, early previews, and special perks for being a top follower of their favorite Twitter accounts.
- Clubhouse — The Clubhouse social app launched in 2020, and it rewards its content creators. Through the Creator First accelerator program, Clubhouse users can send payments directly to their favorite Clubhouse content creator, and Clubhouse doesn’t take any fees. So, the creators get every penny sent their way.
How else can I make money online?
Making money on TikTok is easy and legitimate as long as you put in some effort and consistency. But it’s not the only way to make money online. Other options include:
- Join and promote other social media accounts.
Almost all major social media sites are completely free to join and promote. The more you promote your content on other sites, the more followers you’re likely to get.
- Create an online business.
Use your skills and talents to create an online business. And if you already have one, start promoting it through social media platforms to drive traffic, sales, and make money.
- Create a blog.
Long gone are the days when blogs were simply online journals or diaries. And most younger social media users don’t remember when they were. Blogs can showcase your talents, help you get paid for ads, promote your businesses or affiliate links, connect with social media users, and significantly expand your following. So create the blog and promote it everywhere to see your income explode.
- Join online task sites and apps.
Online task sites are great ways to make a little extra money here and there for simple tasks. Sites like Amazon Mechanical Turk, InboxDollars, LifePoints, Survey Junkie, and Swagbucks are free to join and pay monthly or whenever you reach the minimum payout amount.
- Try affiliate marketing.
Most websites have some form of affiliate marketing benefits for their members. Businesses like Amazon, FitFabFun, Shopify, and even Uber pay for product sales, referrals, and up-sales. The same is true for most big-name stores and even smaller businesses focusing on their growth plan. Play your cards right with the right marketing tactics as an affiliate, and you could potentially earn a living wage just by being an influencer or endorsing specific brands.
- Do side gigs.
Utilize sites like Fiverr and FlexJobs to secure freelance and remote or flexible home jobs to do around your schedule. You’ll likely have to start with low wages. But as your experience, following, and reputation grow, so will your earning potential.
It’s definitely possible to monetize TikTok. You just need to put in the time and effort to post engaging or entertaining content consistently. Existing social media connections can go a long way to growing your TikTok following. And if you have blogs, websites, or affiliate links to other businesses, post those as well to drive traffic and potential sales elsewhere. If you get enough followers, you could even become a brand ambassador for a business or product line you genuinely love. It’s really a win-win for social media fans.
- Thanksgiving Day Shopping 2022: Pre-Black Friday Sales & COVID-19 Impact
- Make Money Online: Learn About Podcasting
- Best Bank Options of 2022
- Make Money From Home: 6 Ideas That Will Make You Over $500
- Get Paid to Watch Squid Game and Chill
- What is a Money Market Account?
- Best Side Job Apps 2022: Get Paid for Surveys, Deliveries, & More
- Dell Black Friday 2022
- How to Get Free PlayStation Gift Cards, PSN Codes & Rewards in 2022
- Cabela’s Black Friday Deals 2022
- Best Side Job Apps 2022: Get Paid for Surveys, Deliveries, & More
- Proofreading Jobs: 7 Places to Get Started