Earning money online is a great way to earn an extra income. Aside from taking surveys and completing other various tasks, you can also get paid for creating content and posting it online.
People are getting paid for creating a YouTube channel and posting videos on it. Here are some questions and answers about making money with YouTube and info on what your favorite YouTube creators earn in a year.
Who is the Highest Paid YouTuber?
Okay, so we all know you can make money on YouTube from partnerships to ad revenue. Here is a list of the top ten highest-paid YouTube stars and what those YouTubers make in a year.
- Jimmy Donaldson, more commonly known as MrBeast, was the highest-paid YouTuber of 2021. Combined with his YouTube earnings, MrBeast has also ventured into the food business with his MrBeast burger, available for delivery only, and can be ordered from practically everywhere. With nearly 90 million subscribers MrBeast earned roughly $54 million last year.
2. Jake Paul
- Jake Paul is one of the most controversial content creators out there, but he is also one of the highest-paid YouTubers. If you haven’t seen his videos you probably recognize his name for his outlandish activities. With 20.4 million subscribers (via SocialBlade.com) Paul brought in $45 million in 2021.
- Markiplier (Mark Fischbach) currently has about 31 million subscribers. He is most known for his content that primarily focuses on video game streaming. He posts videos of himself playing games and then uploads them. Markiplier is also a known comedian which shines through in his videos. He earned $38 million last year.
4. Rhett and Link
- Rhett James McLaughlin and Charles Lincoln “Link” Neal III, aka, Rhett and Link are a comedy duo, and their youtube channel features many different talk show style videos. Their main project Good Mythical Morning is a daily talk show hosted by the pair. With almost 5 million subscribers, Rhett and Link earned $30 million in the last year.
- Unspeakable (Nathan Johnson Graham) has four different youtube channels where he posts videos of him playing video games. A lot of his videos are of him playing Minecraft and other games like it. Unspeakable now has over 20 million subscribers across all of his channels and he earned $28.5 million in 2021.
- Nastya is a 7-year-old girl who immigrated from Russia with her parents (who run the youtube channel). Her videos are blog-style and detail her daily life. Nastya has 87.5 million subscribers and made $28 million last year.
7. Ryan Kaji
- If you’ve walked down a toy aisle recently you’ve seen the brand name Ryan’s World. Ryan started his youtube channel at age 4, mostly reviewing and playing with toys. The now ten-year-old still has a vibrant youtube channel. Ryan has 31 million subscribers and brought in $27 million in 2021.
8. Dude Perfect
- Dude Perfect is a sports comedy team comprised of five guys. Their videos consist of seemingly dangerous tricks and challenges. The five guys have over 57 million subscribers and earned $20 million last year.
9. Logan Paul
- The other, more controversial Paul brother, also brought in good money last year. Logan not only maintains his youtube channel, but he is also making money off his successful podcast Impaulsive which he records with his friends. Logan has over 23 million subscribers and made $18 million in 2021.
10. Preston Arsement
- Preston is a youtube creator who mainly posts gaming videos. He typically plays Minecraft but plays other games sometimes too. He has roughly 12 million subscribers and he made $16 million in the last year.
How Much Does a YouTuber with 1 Million Subscribers Make
How much money a YouTube star makes depends on how many views they receive, not how many subscribers they have. However, a creator must have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past year to earn money directly from YouTube.
Once those numbers are met users can apply to be a part of Youtube’s partner program. Through the partner program, users can monetize their channels through ads, subscriptions, and channel memberships. For every 1,000 views, users get 55% of the profit and YouTube keeps the rest.
How much YouTubers with 1 million subscribers make depends on how many views they get. And what ad deals they are a part of. The more subscribers interact with their content, the more appealing their channels it to advertisers and the more money they’ll take.
YouTubers with a greater following will make more money than YouTubers with a smaller following. Advertisers pay users to create videos using their products, and they generally pick more popular creators with a greater following to do so.
Successful YouTubers will take advantage of all potential earnings, as well as try out different types of content to see what does the best with their specific audience.
How Much Do Small YouTubers Make
In a channel’s early days you might not be earning much money on YouTube. It takes time to discover your niche and achieve financial success on the app. Small YouTubers who want to make money should focus on producing content that does well and gets many views.
- YouTubers make money on youtube based on how many views they receive. To start earning on YouTube a user must first reach 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours.
- Once those minimum credentials are met, a YouTubers income is based on their views and ad revenue. The more subscribers you have, the more views you can potentially count on getting.
- An important way for small YouTubers to get views from people not subscribed to them is to include a detailed video description. This way their video will show up when someone searches keywords.
- There is no definite amount a small YouTuber is guaranteed to make. The best way for small YouTubers to make money is to focus on content that their audience likes. They should pay attention to what videos are received well
How Do I Start a Youtube Channel?
Believe it or not, you do not need to be famous or well known to start a YouTube channel. Many YouTubers make the content they enjoy, and it just takes off from there. This is a detailed step-by-step process of how to create your channel.
- Starting a youtube channel can seem pretty daunting, but the process is fairly simple.
- You’ll first want to sign in to youtube on your laptop or mobile device. Then click on your profile picture, after that click on the button that says create a channel.
- You’ll be asked if you want to create a channel, so click yes. Then you can go through and check the details, and confirm to create your channel.
- Now that the “hard part” is over you’re going to want to decide what type of content you want to make.
- Youtube creators produce various types of content, from talk show style videos, reaction videos, and in some cases educational videos. Once you have those few decisions made you can start creating videos.
What is the Youtube Partner program?
- The YouTube Partner Program is a tool that brings youtube resources to creators and enables revenue sharing from ads being posted on a creator’s videos.
- There are a few guidelines for youtube creators to be accepted into the YouTube Partner Program. They have to follow all monetization policies, live in a country or region where the program is available, and no active community guidelines strikes on their channel.
- They also must meet the minimum of 4,000 watch hours and have at least 1,000 subscribers. And have an active Adsense account.
- Once those criteria are met, you can begin to make money on youtube from the program upon being accepted.
Can I Post Youtube Videos on a Youtube Account I already have?
If you watch videos on Youtube regularly and are subscribed to some channels, you already have a Youtube account. The big question then is, can you create a YouTube channel on that account?
- Yes, you can post a YouTube video on an account you already have.
- All you have to do is create a channel on that account. You can do so by clicking on your profile picture, and then clicking on the button that says create a channel. You’ll be asked to confirm your choice.
- Once this is done you can start posting videos and potentially earn money on YouTube.
- How to Get $10 Off Dr. Scholl’s Insoles
- Charity Item Donations: A Guide for Families
- Best Places to Cash a Check
- The Ultimate Expedia Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- The Ultimate Old Navy Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- 2020’s Best Coupon Sites For Savings
- Fun Facts About Jeff Bezos and Amazon
- How to Check Gift Card Balances with Popular Brands
- Dunkin’ Donuts Perks & Rewards: Everything You Need To Know in 2020
- All About Drop Servicing
- Healthy Eating Resource Guide
- The Ultimate List of Brands That Offer Student Discounts