By Stacy Garrels | July 19, 2021
Back-to-School season means mega shopping season for families across the U.S. from July – September each year. Curious about how much the average American family spends? Check out this great infographic with 21 numbers to know about Back to School Shopping in America.
And remember, you can sign up for Swagbucks to earn a free $10 gift card. Sign up for Swagbucks as a new member and make a purchase of $25 or more at a featured retailer (thousands of stores), get a free $10 gift card.
Back to School Shopping in America: 21 Numbers to Know
- $697: Amount average family will spend on all back-to-school (BTS) shopping. But we’ve got tips for you to spend smarter and save money on BTS shopping for clothes.
- $117: Average spend per family for backpacks, notebooks, and other school supplies
- $376: Average spend per family for clothing, shoes, and apparel accessories.
- $203: Average spend per family for computers, calculators, tablets, and electronics.
- 1 in 3 families say they are spending less this year compared to last year.
- 74% of families are buying hand sanitizer as a BTS supply.
- 73% of families are buying face masks as a BTS supply.
- 15: Average number of apparel times purchased, per family, for BTS.
- $58: Average price for a pair of sneakers in the U.S.
- $18: Average price for a pair of children’s jeans in the U.S.
- 16% of families doing all BTS shopping in physical stores.
- 22% of families doing all BTS shopping online.
- 59% of families doing BTS shopping both online and in stores.
- 76% of families say finding the best price determines where they BTS shop.
- 46% of families say free shipping is an important factor for BST shopping.
- 16% of families say that a company’s politics determines where they will BST shop.
- 14% of families say supporting minority-owned businesses is important when deciding where to BTS shop.
- 21% of families will spend more this year vs last year.
- 47% of families will spend the same amount this year vs last year.
- 33% of families will spend less this year vs last year.
- 50: Popular Back to School Retailers you can shop to get a free $10 gift card, including Kohl’s, Old Navy, and Macy’s. Join Swagbucks today to get your free $10 gift card.
- How Much Does It Cost to Own a Car? The True Cost Explained
- 6 Legit Ways to Make Money from Home in 2021 – For Free!
- Tips and Tricks to Earn a Free Sephora Gift Card
- What Is Amazon Prime Day? The Best Day for Online Shopping Deals
- Dunkin’ Donuts Perks & Rewards: Everything You Need To Know in 2020
- American Restaurant Chains with Happy Hour
- The Ultimate Shutterfly Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- The Ultimate Macy’s Cashback & Coupon Code Deal
- What Is Black Friday? How to Get the Best Holiday Shopping Deals
- Guide to International Gift Cards
- Friskies Cat Food Coupon
- Making Money Online in 2020: Surveys