By: Dannie Phan | August 12th, 2020
When is Cyber Monday 2020?
In the United States, Cyber Monday is the Monday after Thanksgiving. For the 2020 holiday season, Cyber Monday falls on the 30th of November. Most stores will have their Cyber Monday deals up by 12 am on Sunday night. Some even earlier than that. Last year, Amazon’s sale began at 8 pm on Sunday.
Cyber Monday sales usually span only one day. However, some retailers will extend their Cyber Monday deals into the following week. Some might even have their deals available for the entire holiday season. Nevertheless, if there is something that you have your heart set on, it is a good idea to get online early. Most companies have limited stock of the items that they have on special for Cyber Monday.
Are Cyber Monday Deals the Same as Black Friday Deals?
In recent years, the lines between Black Friday doorbusters and Cyber Monday deals have become a bit blurry. Historically, Black Friday specials were offered on the day after Thanksgiving. While this is still the case, many retailers have discounts on offer all through Thanksgiving week. Some even continue through the whole month.
Originally, Cyber Monday deals were offered by online retailers exclusively, and only for the 24-hour period of Cyber Monday. This has also morphed into an occasion that spans days and even the entire Cyber week. And, it is no longer limited to the smaller retailers. Just about everyone has jumped on the proverbial bandwagon.
While Black Friday deals are available in-store and online, Cyber Monday deals are available strictly online. Black Friday doorbusters can be on just about any product imaginable: groceries, clothing, home-ware, toiletries, jewelry, and hardware. The list is extensive. Typically, Cyber Monday deals are tech-related. However, the category has expanded to include small appliances and white goods.
Which Stores Will Be Doing Cyber Monday?
Stores that traditionally offer the best Cyber Monday deals include:
Is Amazon going to have Cyber Monday deals?
Yes, Amazon will be running Cyber Monday deals! It is too early for details about promotions for shopping season 2020. However, if 2019 is anything to go by, there will be some spectacular specials. Last year’s bargains included things like 80% off Kindle bestsellers, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote for a mere $19.99, $22 for an Echo Dot, up to 30% off Hasbro video games, and 45% off HAUS LABORATORIES!
What Are the Best Sales on Cyber Monday?
Typically, Cyber Monday sales are dedicated to tech-related merchandise. Think Apple products, smartphones, e-readers, gaming units, laptops, 4k TVs, and tablets. Some of the best deals available last year were:
- Sennheiser PXC 550 Noise-Cancelling Headphones sold out at $200 instead of $350 from Best Buy.
- Apple Airpods went from $199 down to $169. Because 2019 Airpods are older technology, there should be even bigger discounts this holiday season.
- The best tablet deal was from Amazon. The Fire HD 8 Tablet, on special for $50, saving you $30.
- Walmart had the best TV deal. The LG 65-inch Class OLED C8 Series 4K TVs went for $1,969 instead of $2,997.
- Best Buy took first prize for the best kitchen appliance deal. The Ninja Foodi 8-Quart 9-in-1 Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer was $80 less at checkout, originally $280.
- Amazon gave us the best echo deal of 2019. The Echo Dot sold at less than half-price, $22 (instead of $50).
Will Flights Go on Sale on Cyber Monday?
Like with almost everything else you can purchase online, airline ticket prices also nosedive on Cyber Monday! Give the gift of travel to a loved one, or yourself. Whether you want to book a flight, a car, or a hotel room, Cyber Monday is a good time to be looking out for some travel-tastic deals! Here are some pointers for booking travel specials on Cyber Monday:
- Be flexible. The destinations and travel dates on offer on Cyber Monday are perhaps not your first choice. However, the sale items should be of great value. Maybe this is your opportunity to book an affordable adventure that you wouldn’t normally have!
- Do not hesitate. Stellar sale items are limited. If you see a deal that you are keen on, do not delay. It might be sold out in the next 30 minutes.
- There might be more to the deal than first meets the eye, for example, added flight amenities, waived baggage fees, and bonus travel miles. When you are comparing deals, make sure to take everything into consideration.
- On the other hand, there might be some not-so-nices that are not obvious at first glance. Read the fine print. The cheapest airfares, at any time of year, very often have the most restrictions. For example, narrowest seats, no refund for cancellations, or higher luggage fees.
- Airline ticket prices on Cyber Monday seldom include baggage fees. If you purchase a Cyber Monday travel deal, make sure that you can afford the cost of bringing your luggage along too.
What Time Does Cyber Monday End?
In the past, Cyber Monday deals ended at the end of the day on Cyber Monday. Nowadays, Cyber Monday deals extend into the next couple of days. Perhaps even the whole week.
Do Your Research
Before plunging into a frenzy of online holiday shopping, do your research on the deals available. Make a list of the items that you truly want or need. Android vs iPhone? Do research on the model/s that you would like. You can opt-in for notifications from online retailers that might run good specials on the product/s that you have your eye on. Set a Cyber Monday budget for yourself, so that you don’t over-extend your credit card. And, compare deals and prices with different companies. Consider using a cash back rewards program like Swagbucks. That way, you will be confident that your hard-earned dollars are really getting you an awesome deal come checkout time!
- Make Your Money Work For You: 4 Steps to Grow Your Wealth
- Contact Lens Subscription Services vs Traditional Prescriptions
- 8 Profitable Content Writing Jobs You Can Do at Home
- Is Swagbucks Legit or A Scam?
- How to Start Investing: Your Guide to the Best Strategies & Apps to Invest Money
- The Ultimate Newegg.com Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- How to Make Money on Social Media: Tips for Becoming an Influencer
- Online Focus Groups: An Easy Way to Make Money At Home
- The Ten Best Ways to Get Free College Classes in 2020
- The 20 Most Frequently Asked Questions from Google Searchers
- 6 Ways to Reduce Funeral Costs & Save Money on Funeral Expenses
- 3 Easy Ways to Get Paid to Be a Friend Online & In-Person