By: Andrew Robinson | April 2, 2020
Right now, it is the perfect time to try to stay at home survey sites to make money from your couch. We review the top 6 paid online survey sites for stay at home parents, workers, and furloughed employees below.
As Stay at Home Parents have long known and many of the rest of us are now learning, staying at home doesn’t mean we can’t contribute to the family finances. Whether it’s recycling cans with deposits, running an Etsy business on the side, selling baked goods at the church fair, or growing exotic produce for the local farmers market, there’s plenty of ways to bring in a little extra for the family. Use your side hustle income to pay for school supplies, holiday gifts, cover a few bills, or just pool up some fun money for a fun family outing! There are even many heartwarming stories of a stay-at-home mom paying for entire Disney World vacations, just from the side incomes from the home parent. These side incomes are critical when considering the expenses of raising a child on one income. Even more so, as workers are furloughed from full-time or asked to work from home to protect our community, making sure that some income arrives through online jobs is vital to supporting our families. Here’s one easy way to make a little extra money from the comfort and safety of your home.
Easiest Way to Make Money From Home
One of the easiest ways to get cash while staying at home is to make the most of paid survey sites, that pay you PayPal cash or Amazon gift cards for giving your opinion on various new products, the latest political developments, commercials, even academic research. These sites are all hungry to make sure they have an honest and representative slice of each country they are surveying, so they are often looking for new survey takers who are willing to work part-time to answer a few questions every day. These surveys are easy to take and can be done right from your couch or desk if you have an internet connection and a phone or laptop. Best of all, the extra income is yours to keep! This make surveys on the the better side hustles for stay-at-home moms and dads.
How do Stay At Home Survey Sites Work
Survey sites get paid by market researchers interested in hearing your opinion. Your response data is secured and anonymized, before being shared with the market research partner. In exchange, the survey site pays you every time you complete a survey. Note that you will not qualify for every survey you try.
Market researchers are often looking for specific demographics to fill each survey, and they don’t share all those requirements with the survey sites. The survey sites will match you with surveys that they think will be the best fit for you, and based on your responses, you may or may not qualify for the final payout. Good news is that the best survey sites have hundreds of surveys for you to try every day, so you are bound to qualify for a large number of them, and you usually will get paid a small amount for your time, even in the event that you don’t actually qualify for the survey.
How to Avoid Scams and Find Legit Stay At Home Surveys
Be careful though, as the internet is awash with bad actors. When finding a stay at home survey site that is right for you, make sure you never feel forced to pay for any subscription or give up information that you don’t feel comfortable sharing. When looking for the right site, make sure to check their Better Business Bureau Rating, or equivalent for non-US sites, and look at their reviews on sites like Trustpilot or Google. One easy way to tell if a stay at home survey site is legit is to check whether they have a large presence on social media. Survey sites without many Facebook likes are probably too new to be trusted.
Top 9 Best Stay At Home Survey Sites
Below, we have assembled our favorite list of Stay at Home Survey sites. We have only chosen extremely trustworthy sites that have been around forever and have a proven track record of paying out users millions of dollars in cash. Take a few moments to sign up for one or all of them to see what you think and start making money online right now!
1. SWAGBUCKS – this survey site is a crowd favorite and is the industry leader in paid online surveys for work at home types. Simply search “paid surveys” to see that Google considers this site the authoritative resource for searchers looking to take paid online surveys. Swagbucks brings the fun to survey taking, with lots of promotions and games every week to keep you busy
Total Cash for Surveys Given to Members: $400 Million to date
Average Payout Per Survey: $0.40 – $10
Vouched for by The New York Times, The TODAY Show, BuzzFeed, Money Saving Mom, Money Saving Expert, The Penny Hoarder, Nerd Wallet, and more
Trustpilot Rating: 4.3 / 5.0 Stars; 16,000+ reviews
Better Business Bureau: A+ Rating
Facebook Fans: 2.4 Million Likes
Available in: All Countries
2. MYPOINTS – this site has been around since 1996 as an online rewards portal for United Mileage Plus members. They have since rolled out a very robust survey platform that is very popular. Moms love this site because it’s easy to use and has a simple, clean layout.
Total Cash for Surveys Given to Members: $250 Million to date
Average Payout Per Survey: $0.30 – $8
Vouched for by Yahoo Finance, The Points Guy, Business Insider, U.S. News & World Report, Kim Komando, Nerd Wallet, and more
Trustpilot Rating: 4.4 / 5.0 Stars; 5,000+ reviews
Better Business Bureau: A+ Rating
Facebook Fans: 360,000 Likes
Available in: United States & Canada
3. INBOXDOLLARS – Like its name sounds, Inbox Dollars is famous for providing users with an easy way to get paid just by checking their email for hot, money making offers. Their survey platform is strong as well, with options to access their surveys through an app, email delivery or their website.
Total Cash for Surveys Given to Members: $60 Million to date
Average Payout Per Survey: $0.25 – $5
Vouched for by Yahoo Finance, Women’s Day, The Penny Hoarder, The Street, Clark.com, Forbes Magazine, Kim Komando, Nerd Wallet, and more
Trustpilot Rating: 4.2 / 5.0 Stars; 8,000+ reviews
Better Business Bureau: A+ Rating
Facebook Fans: 2.5 Million Likes
Available in: the United States & Canada
4. YSENSE – For international users, this is hands down the best site to use. It has a robust online forum that can point you to the best earning opportunities, and all awards are paid out in US dollars, saving any exchange rate games.
5. SHOPATHOME – This site is the original cash back site, starting in 1984 as a mail catalog business. In 2017, they were purchased by Prodege, a leader in Market Research and have rolled out a great paid survey platform as part of their site. This site is currently available in the US only.
6. MYGOLDSURVEYS – While this is a smaller site, if all you are looking for is to take surveys, this is the site for you. No fru-fru, no games, just paid surveys, all day long. Use your MyPoints or Swagbucks account to log in to this site for shared earning opportunities.
7. GOOGLE OPINION REWARDS – Google has its own survey site! You won’t get paid much, but the surveys you take are usually pretty interesting.
8. BING REWARDS – If you are already participating in the Microsoft rewards program, Bing Rewards surveys are a no brainer way to make a little extra from home.
9. YOUGOV – Much like Google & Bing Rewards, you will get interesting surveys, many of them at least partially political in nature, but the pay is low, so using these as a side hustle for stay at home workers is a less than viable option.
Popular Coupons, Promo Codes, and Deals:
- How to Make $100K a Year: The Best Jobs & Side Hustles for Earning Big
- Best Value Colleges
- Free and Cheap Alternatives to Microsoft Office
- Get Paid to Work Out: 7 Apps You Need to Earn Cash for Exercise
- How to Make Money Blogging: 5 Ways to Get Started
- Stores That Give Cash Back On Your Debit Card Purchases
- How to make your money work for you
- Finding An Online Career as a College Student
- How To Make Money With Photography
- How to Get a Vanilla Visa Gift Card For Free
- How To Make Money Off Of Your Hobbies
- AutoZone Coupons