By: Lezanne Winshaw | October 27th, 2020
Do you enjoy watching TV game shows? Do you find yourself answering all the questions and getting frustrated with the contestant that got it wrong? Are you daydreaming about what you could do with that kind of prize money?
Stop dreaming. All the contestants on these TV game shows are normal people just like you. There is no reason why you can’t be the next potential game show millionaire.
How to Apply for Game Shows
The first step in the application process is to fill out a form about yourself. For most game shows, you can go to their website to find out how to apply. Some will only require a completed application form. Others will want an audition video too.
How to Become a Game Show Contestant
Keep a lookout for contestant calls in newspapers, on TV, and websites such as auditionsfree.com. Another great place to check for contestant calls is on TV network sites. For example, the game show network (GSN), NBC, and ABC.
Want to be up close and personal with the 7-time Emmy award-winning game show host, Alex Trebek? The first step to getting on the Jeopardy set is to take their online test. These tests are held on specific dates. Keep your eye on the show and the website, Jeopardy.com, for dates for upcoming tests. It will take some doing to clock up a winning streak as Ken Jennings has, but it is still definitely worth a shot to aim for a Jeopardy win. The average prize money for a Jeopardy winner is almost $20 000.
2. The Price is Right
The Price is Right has been thrilling American TV screens since 1972. To become a contestant on this popular game show, you need to be a ticket holder. Get a ticket via the On-Camera-Audiences.com website or show up to the taping in Los Angeles just before airing.
3. Wheel of Fortune
Apply via the Wheel of Fortune website to become a contestant on this game show. Fill out an application form and submit a photo. Submitting a video is optional, but we highly recommend doing so. It should boost your chances of being selected to be a Wheel of Fortune contestant.
4. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
To become a contestant on this multiple-choice general knowledge game show, you need to register to audition on the show’s website. Once selected, you will need to travel to Las Vegas for your audition on your own dime.
5. Family Feud
Family Feud is one of the most popular television game shows in the US. If you want to give Steve Harvey’s mustache a wiggle, complete the online application form on the Family Feud website. To qualify, you need to be an American citizen and have five family members willing to join you on the show. An audition video is not mandatory but recommended.
6. Deal or No Deal
Stand a chance to win $1 million on this dramatic quiz show. To become a contestant, check out the show’s website for application details.
7. Hollywood Game Night
If pop-culture is your game, then this is the show for you. Plus, you get the chance to mingle with some celebs! Submit a recent photo of yourself with your application form. Fingers crossed!
The audition process for reality tv shows like Survivor, The Bachelor, Amazing Race, and Big Brother differ from show to show. For Survivor, Amazing Race, and Big Brother, you can visit the CBS casting website. Submit your application and an audition video. If you make it to the next round, you will have to foot the bill for a trip to attend an in-person interview.
Top Tips for Getting on a Game Show
While it is super easy to apply to game shows, it is not as easy to get into one. There are thousands of other citizens also applying for the chance to win that big prize! Here are a few tips to help you get your head above the rest.
- Apply for as many game shows as you can.
- Take time when completing your application form. Make yourself sound interesting.
- If you need a partner, find one that will complement your skill and knowledge set.
- Be upbeat and confident during the phone interview.
- When you do the live audition, be yourself and stay relaxed. Wear something presentable with perhaps an accent of something to help you stand out.
- If you make the shortlist, “woohoo!” the producers will ask you for possible dates to attend filming. Offer as many as you can to increase your chances.
How to Win Money from a Game Show
A short while after they announce the shortlist, the television show organizers will call potential contestants with their recording date and details about travel and accommodation. They will brief you on what you need to bring. For example, a few outfits to wear during the taping. You want to stand out while making a good impression at the same time.
If you have some time before your game show appearance, brush up on your general knowledge and trivia or puzzle skills. Attend quiz nights, download the free QuizUp app to your phone. Be prepared. Then go out there and enjoy your fifteen minutes of fame! Good luck!
- Best Free Prepaid Card with no fees
- The Ultimate List of Brands That Offer Student Discounts
- How to Get Free Walmart Gift Cards
- The Ten Best Ways to Get Free College Classes in 2020
- Get Paid for Answering Surveys Online
- How to check my Home Depot Gift Card Balance
- How to Start Investing: Your Guide to the Best Strategies & Apps to Invest Money
- What is Direct Sales and What are the Top 10 Direct Sales Companies?
- How to Take Advantage of Survey Reward Sites
- How to Start Couponing in 2020: A Beginner’s Guide
- Contact Lens Subscription Services vs Traditional Prescriptions
- Get Free Gift Cards