By: Dannie Phan | August 17th, 2020
Many things have been canceled this year, but our favorite shopping holiday isn’t one of them. It’s the perfect time for a much-deserved splurge and to save money on an essential purchase. But what is Amazon Prime Day, after all? Just how good are the deals you can expect to find? Keep reading to find out!
What Is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is a shopping holiday created by the online retail giant. It takes place for up to 48 hours and is only available to Amazon Prime members. Thankfully, it’s easy to sign up for a subscription and get access to all the great deals offered.
While it usually happens in July, this year Prime Day has been postponed. We’ll let you take a wild guess as to why. (If you guessed “COVID-19 pandemic,” you’re right!)
You can expect to find the best deals of the year sometime in October, November, or December. There are a lot of ongoing bets as to when it will happen—most hinting at October—but it’s all in the air, still. However, there is one certainty: Amazon Prime Day 2020 has been confirmed!
Why Is Prime Day So Special?
Unless you’ve shopped during Prime Day in other years, you may be wondering, “Why should I care?” We hear your question and raise you another one: Do you like deals? If you do, then you can’t miss Prime Day this year!
What makes this shopping holiday truly stand out is that you can find the best prices without leaving your home. Unlike on Black Friday, you don’t need to head to a crowded mall. With just a few clicks, you can save money.
Plus, you can use your Amazon gift cards to save even more money during Prime Day. Once you get to the checkout, enter your gift card’s code, and watch as the total drops. Don’t have any? Keep reading, we’ll give you a pro tip in a bit.
What Can I Buy on Amazon Prime Day?
The best thing about Amazon Prime Day is that you can find hundreds of great deals in a bunch of different categories. You’ll see clothing, shoes, bags, kitchen appliances, music, movies, and books at a bargain price. But the most coveted deals are in the world of tech—we’ll get to that in a second.
What Stores Do Prime Day Deals?
A lot of different brands participate in Prime Day deals. While the list changes every year, these are some of the brands whose products you can expect to see during the shopping holiday.
- Instant Pot
Best Deals to Score on Amazon Prime Day
Tech is what Prime Day does best. You’ll find great products at unbeatable prices every year, and 2020 is no exception.
For starters, you’ll find a lot of sales on Amazon products. This includes Kindle e-readers, Echo devices, and Fire TV sticks. You’ll also find Twitch Prime digital subscriptions at a discounted price.
But the bargains don’t end there. You will likely also find Apple MacBooks, iPads, and AirPods; Acer laptops, ASUS computers, Chromebooks, TVs, gaming laptops, and much more at deeply discounted prices.
Of course, you’ll also find loads of deals on kitchen products. From Instant Pots to KitchenAid appliances and powerful Vitamix blenders, you’ll find a bit of everything!
Prepping for Prime Day 101: Checklist
Are you also itching for Prime Day to start, or is it just us? But before you can start shopping, there are a few things you should take care of.
- Make sure you have a valid Amazon Prime membership. You can sign up for one easily.
- List all the items you want to get at a bargain price. This will help you get organized and prevent you from getting overwhelmed by the sea of deals.
- Stock up on Amazon gift cards for even greater savings. If you start using Swagbucks to earn cash and gift cards now, you will have quite a bit of free spending money on the big day!
Target vs Prime Day: What’s the Difference?
Target created a “Deal Day” sales to rival Prime Day. It also boasts incredible products at awesome prices in lots of different categories, from furniture to tech.
While we don’t know when it will happen, we’re willing to bet it will be around Prime Day. After all, they’re trying to compete with each other!
The good news is that this means even more bargains for you. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can always check out Target’s Deal Day to see if they have it. It’s always a win-win situation.
- Ways to get Home Depot Gift Cards for free
- How to Check Gift Card Balances with Popular Brands
- What Is Amazon Prime Day? The Best Day for Online Shopping Deals
- P&G Everyday Brands and Coupons for All Procter & Gamble Brands
- Travel Hacking: How to Fly for Little or Nothing—Even In First Class!
- Guide to Pi Day Deals and Freebies in 2020
- 12 of the Best Baby Freebies and Samples of 2020
- Using Rewards Apps to Save for College
- Top 5 Money Hacks to Help You Get the Most Out of Your Budget
- How to Make Money Flipping Cars: Where to Start & How to Sell Them
- Finding An Online Career as a College Student
- All About Credit Repair Hacks