By: Dannie Phan | October 13th, 2020
Credit, as much as money itself, makes the world go round. With a good credit score you’re more likely to be approved for credit cards and loans. It also allows you to expand your credit limits and get lower interest rates. If your credit isn’t where you want it to be, though, you may be tempted to reach out to a credit repair company for guidance on how to improve. While these services have their benefits, you’ll need to do your research ahead of time to avoid being scammed. You can always work to improve your credit on your own time, as long as you know where to start.
How To Get A Perfect Credit Score
If you’re looking for a perfect credit score, you’re going to have to put in a lot of legwork. On a scale from 300 to 850, a perfect credit score is represented by that lofty 850-figure. Of course, good credit between 720 and 850 also serves as an excellent indicator of your ability to pay your debts, but if you’re a perfectionist, you may find yourself reluctant to accept anything except the best.
The best way to try and achieve a perfect credit score is to pay your credit card bill on time and to take out as few loans as possible. Timely payments lead to increased trust from the bank, which in turn can make it all the easier for you to take out loans in the future or invest in significant purchases.
How Much Does Credit Repair Cost?
If you’re sitting with a bad credit score, don’t worry – there are options available to you that can help you bring that score up to a more reasonable number. There are a few larger credit repair organizations, including Experian and CreditRepair.com, that can pull your information from the credit bureaus to help you determine what problems are lowering your credit and how best you can handle them.
Of course, these institutions and others like them do not offer their services for free. You will have to sign up for a subscription plan if you want a professional to come in and help you repair your credit. The cost of these programs, however, varies. CreditRepair.com, for example, charges you $99.95 per month, not including the cost of retrieving your credit score from the appropriate organization.
When in doubt, try not to pay more than $120 a month for a credit repair service. This way, you can continue to put money toward those debts that may be causing you problems while also attending to your day-to-day needs.
Can A Credit Repair Company Really Help?
One of the best things about credit repair companies is that they allow you to work with a team of financial experts who understand the market in which you’re living. These teams can work with you not only to understand what problems in your past may be causing you trouble but also what roadblocks in your future may trip you up.
As such, it does help to work with a credit repair company. However, there are certain instances in which working with these companies may do you more harm than good. With that in mind, you will want to research the companies you’re most interested in working with and determine for yourself whether the cost of their programs and the advice they can offer can really help you dig yourself out of your credit hole.
When in doubt, make sure you’re working with a credit repair company that has a long, well-recorded history of helping folks in situations similar to yours. This way, you can avoid a credit repair scam and instead focus on getting your life back on track.
Who Is The Best Credit Repair Company?
If you’d rather work with a developed organization then try to take on your credit alone, you’re in luck. There are several platforms that can use their experience to your advantage. They will provide a free copy of your credit report and FICO score,Some of the best to work with include but are not limited to:
If you’re looking for a credit program that aggressively addresses the problems with your credit model, there’s no better place to go than to Credit Saint. When you work with Credit Saint, you’ll have access to a personalized advisory team that can help you use the platform’s online resources to your advantage. Together, you can stay on track and bring your credit score back up to its best standing.
You may not have heard of Lexington Law, but that doesn’t mean the platform isn’t ready to help you. Lexington Law is a firm that has years under its belt helping people get their credit back on track. When you sign up for the basic credit renewal plan, you get to work with personalized finance tools that can help you better understand what’s happened to your credit and what path you can take to reinvigorate it.
Have you felt overwhelmed by credit repair tools in the past? Then why not consider working with CreditRepair.com? This platform understands that the details that go into credit re-invigoration can be overwhelming for the average person. As such, the company keeps its credit repair process simple. Together with a personalized advisory team, CreditRepair.com will help you check, challenge and change your credit over the course of several months until it finally reaches a point that not only satisfies you but also makes your life all the simpler.
The Credit Pros
Looking for credit repair at a rapid rate? Then consider joining up with The Credit Pros. The Credit Pros, like many of the programs mentioned before, provide you with a suite of tools designed to help you understand why your credit is the way it is. However, the team also prides itself on its speed, allowing you to register for aid within 90 seconds and to connect with a one-on-one credit coach in little to no time at all.
Pinnacle Credit Repair
In a similar vein, Pinnacle Credit Repair can help you clear away signs of poor credit within two weeks of signing on with their program. While the cost of this fast-tracked credit repair can seem intimidating, the credit mentors with Pinnacle can walk you through the process and make sure you’re moving at a comfortable and productive pace.
Note that you can always reach out to these platforms and others for a consultation based on your current credit score. This way, you can determine which, if any, of the programs available to you will suit your needs and budget.
How Can I Fix My Credit Myself?
It is possible to build credit or fix your credit on your own time. As you do so, you can avoid the monthly fees of working with a credit repair company. The best way to get started is to:
- Understand what kind of debt you’re working with and what your credit score looks like
- Review your payment history and look for report errors in your credit report. If there are any negative items dispute them with the appropriate parties
- Make sure you’re not paying for services you do not benefit from
- Pay all of your bills on time in the days to come
- Do not share your personal information and social security numbers
- Pay the balances you have on your credit card as soon as you can
- Do not open up a new credit card account or loans that is a hard inquiry
How Do I Wipe My Credit?
You do have the option of wiping your credit and starting the process over again. If you want to wipe your credit, you’ll need to take the following steps:
- Read through your debt report – To get started, you’ll need to determine what creditors you may owe money to. You can mark down the names of these providers for later use while going through your debt report.
- Contact the appropriate parties – If you owe less than $500 to any of the above parties, you can reach out for a “pay to delete” service. This process allows you to pay either the full amount of a percentage thereof to have your debt wiped clean. Note that the more you owe a provider, the less likely it is that they’ll be willing to accept such an offer.
- Wait for a response – From there, it’s all a matter of waiting. If you do not receive an answer regarding your request within 30 days of reaching out, it’s in your best interest to get in touch again. Make sure you keep your money to yourself up until you receive a positive reply from the person in charge of your debt.
- Check in – After you receive that positive response, it’s time to send your money off. Keep an eye on the account detailing your debt in the days that follow your delivery to see when your negative credit disappears from your report. Note that this can take up to 30 days or more, depending on the party you’re working with.
While you will be able to erase most of your poor credit, note that bankruptcy never disappears from your credit report.
If you’re concerned about your credit, credit aid programs are a great way to work through your existing problems and move toward a more productive future. Swagbucks can help you clear away some of the debt you may have built up by helping you earn a passive income.
- Ways to Help Pay for a Disney Vacation
- How to Check Your Xbox Gift Card Balance
- 14 Realistic Ways to Make $500 Fast
- Get Paid to Write: Make Money With Reviews, Articles, & More
- SurveySavvy Review and Alternatives for Paid Surveys
- How to Save for a House: Everything You Need to Know to Get a Down Payment
- 25 Ways to Make Money in One Day: Sell Your Stuff & More
- Amazon Prime Day: Getting the Best Online Shopping Deals
- How to Check Gift Card Balances with Popular Brands
- Ways to Help Pay for a Disney Vacation
- The Ultimate StubHub Savings Hack!
- Make Money Online